Body control module type question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Khayward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban SLE
Engine Size
I've been doing reading and research the last few weeks to try and find out if there's an option for a programmable body control module, either DIY or off the shelf. Everything that comes up is android auto or similar, which isn't what I'm looking for. I've seen other single function modules like one touch windows (a recent posting here).
What I'd like are things like dome light delay, auto headlight/headlight delay, one touch windows and some other mod-cons. Ideally I'd like to clone most of the functionality of the Sync system in my '13 Explorer, but without half a dozen different boxes and the display of my choice.
I figured maybe I'm using the wrong terms while searching and decided to ask you guys- am I missing something obvious?

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
That'd be really cool but I have yet to run across anyone that's done it in a square

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

These would work for you head light and dome light delays.

You must be registered for see images attach

Photo cell would work for your auto headlight on.

R Carnella

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V2500
Engine Size
I think you're gonna have to get crafty with an "OEM" body control module from a suitable doner vehicle and do some reverse engineering.
I don't think you'll find a standalone bcm,probably also need a pcm. Just my thoughts. Sounds like a really fun project though

Khayward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban SLE
Engine Size
Thanks everyone for the replies. Not getting notifications so didn't see these until now.

I think I'm going to have to start with a list of functions as going in vague is fine when you're tinkering, but I don't want to live with a half finished rats nest.

Thanks for the product suggestions too - a lot can be achieved with discrete components, for sure, though the central control is, I think, a primary goal. Might also not be possible without salvaging a late model truck - I may own an electronics assembly company but I'm not much of an inventor or programmer. I see lots of people doing things with Arduino and Raspberry Pi.

Time to start a list of goals! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef