best rear end with disk brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yea Im just gonna modify mine it will be best. And yea ive done alot of research on.the 12 bolt ive seen were alot of people got pissed cause they thought the kit for the car would work. Lol

Smart Move :waytogo: If you blow it, you can always reevaluate and go a different direction, but running a street tire, not heavy weight on it when your given the 406 hell, I think it'll hold up just fine. The only problem I'd potentially see is maybe a little wheel hop problem depending on the tires and how hard it launches.

4thgentruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 shortbed stepside.
Engine Size
Well i was also thinking about putting on a set of latter bars to eliminate the wheel hop i hope.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well i was also thinking about putting on a set of latter bars to eliminate the wheel hop i hope.

That will certainly help if installed right. Traction bars help a little but ladder bars are certainly the way to go. I like the stability of leaf springs in a truck, but coils and 4 links are great options for a street/strip truck. Not wanting to go that far, and I wouldn't either, cuz I just don't see it as a justifable expense, unless you're running in the 10's in the quarter at which time you would then convert to a Ford 9 inch and then have it set up with your 4 links. For now, just get some ladders bars clamped nicely to the axle and anchored well to the frame and rock on with what you got. That's if you tend to have a bad wheel hop problem. Sometimes a 2-3 50lb sand bags up against the tailgate help with wheel hop to in a light in the ass street ride. I used to race an El Co, so I'm a bit aware of wheel hop, but that was a coil spring vehicle so ladders were no problem and that's what I did.

4thgentruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 shortbed stepside.
Engine Size
Yea im not sure if ill have wheel hop or not but best to be prepared. Check what i found with.my motor in the engine forum under 400sbc cant remember the whole post lol. Been rackin my brain getting ready for this ground up resto.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06