Best place to buy new interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carterww

Reaction score
First Name
BILL
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I'm securing all of the parts I need to restore my 77 Chevrolet Scottsdale. I need a new vinyl seat cover, dash, and carpet in medium blue. I have looked at LMC, Classic Industries and Car and Truck Parts in CA. Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation on which of these places or others that has the best products. They all seem to cost about the same. I want them all to match as far as color and quality. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help!

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'd get the dash from cheyennepickup.com he has the best quality reproduction dashes above everyone else. He manufactures them just as GM built them only with better materials. He is located in OK I believe.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I would recommend Auto Custom Carpets (ACC) out of Anniston, Alabama for the carpet and lower door inserts. They also have a kick panel piece, but I don't know what the point of that is unless you want your ride to feel like a hippie van. Good domestic product made here instead of Xinjiang, China. I was able to save the carpet in my Jimmy, but my Caprice was beyond toast so I ripped the old one out, burned it, and bought one from them. OEM look and quality. If you can, use your old carpet as a template, but I know from experience if you don't want your new one touching the old one. Just get ready to trim when you get it. I imagine the door inserts are pretty cut and dry. You can order directly, or they have a store on eBay.

As far as the upper door panels and seat covers/reupholstery kits, I know LMC has all that. If someone knows a place better (i.e. Classic Parts) that has those things, I would only resort to LMC (simply because their reputation is pretty mixed in this community) as a safety or get it done locally if you would rather a professional handle it. If it's only lightly or moderately torn, you'd be surprised what a girlfriend or wife and a sewing needle can accomplish. I imagine the same thing as far as sourcing for the door handles, but there's a fellow on here that has a hook up for a guy who can carve a set by hand. Personally, I've been thinking about that for my own. Kinda gives it a look alluding to a Centurion or a Choo Choo conversion.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8614

Last edited:

carterww

Reaction score
First Name
BILL
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Thanks so much for the recommendations! I really appreciate it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starlinstephens