Best all terrain tire for your square

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I’ve used kumho, general, BFG, mastercraft, and Firestone. The kumho and general at tires only gave me about 30k miles. The mastercraft tires were the at2, which gave me about 50k. The BFG gave me between 65-70k miles. That’s not a typo. Nearly 70k miles on my 2006 z71. They had about 5k left on them, but I got lazy on my rotation. They were by far my favorite set of tires. They were the old style though, I don’t know how the KO2 holds up. The firestone had about 20k on them when I sold the truck, and they were about 1/2 tread. They were the p rated tire, not LT. IF I can afford it, the BFG will be my next set. If not, it’ll be the general knockoff. But I’ll say this, those BFG went everywhere I wanted to, and gave me good Highway manners too. I’ve also had good results with the original BFG MT, I’ve never ran the second or third generation tires. I loved the look of the originals, and they performed very well for me. It’s too bad they stopped making them. To me the newer styles are not as aggressive looking. The old style just had that classic mud terrain look.
I had the original BFG M/T too, I know what you mean about them looking cooler. But around the time the KM2s became the only option, I decided I had no choice and just went with it. As much as I hated the way they looked, holy **** were they a better tire. Hah honestly I was hoping to hate them just to prove myself right, but they were better in every aspect, besides style. And even that grew on me after a while. I have no experience with the KM3s now

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Cooper Discover AT3. We run them on everything from Duramaxs, lifted trucks to stock 1/2 tons. They handle excellent In and on all road conditions. Also, LT rated for hauling, which we do a lot of. We get a lot of miles out of them too. Usually in the 45 to 50K range. Please do yourself a favor and look into them. You won’t be disappointed.
And made in AMERICA!!! This is important—more now than ever.

K5ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
I love the BFG MT for both looks and off road capability. I've used them for years. We have the BFG AT tires on our SUV. It's mostly a street truck and they work great. The BFG tires used to have the thickest side wall and made them very stable. I believe it was 3 ply side walls. That's why it is so popular with the off road racing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell