Bellhousing, trash or keep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shields

Reaction score
First Name
Dayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey all, wanted to ask you folks about a used lakewood scattershield I came across for my mission to bolt up a super t10 under my 81' C10. I picked up the scattershield for $250 and noticed that it looked like it may have contained one explosion already. The very bottom holes are bent away from the mounting surface about 1/8, but the scattershield still bolts up just fine and the rest of the mounting flange is flat. Do any of you worry about runout with bellhousings? Do you think I am good to use this scattershield since it bolts up to everything just fine but has a bit of a ding on the bottom mounting flange? I jumped on this scattershield because it was about $400 less than what it costs to ship a new one up into Canada.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hey all, wanted to ask you folks about a used lakewood scattershield I came across for my mission to bolt up a super t10 under my 81' C10. I picked up the scattershield for $250 and noticed that it looked like it may have contained one explosion already. The very bottom holes are bent away from the mounting surface about 1/8, but the scattershield still bolts up just fine and the rest of the mounting flange is flat. Do any of you worry about runout with bellhousings? Do you think I am good to use this scattershield since it bolts up to everything just fine but has a bit of a ding on the bottom mounting flange? I jumped on this scattershield because it was about $400 less than what it costs to ship a new one up into Canada.
Lay it down on a flat level surface engine side down and put a level on the trans side to check if it is true to the other side.

Shields

Reaction score
First Name
Dayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Lay it down on a flat level surface engine side down and put a level on the trans side to check if it is true to the other side.

If it comes out level do you think it is okay to use? I suppose as long as it is level and all but 1 bolt on the very bottom can torque down completely then it should be okay for use right? Do you worry about runout with bellhousings on street rods or is that for a more advanced level of performance building?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
If it comes out level do you think it is okay to use? I suppose as long as it is level and all but 1 bolt on the very bottom can torque down completely then it should be okay for use right? Do you worry about runout with bellhousings on street rods or is that for a more advanced level of performance building?
Post a pic of the area of concern

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Canadians tend to overthink things... it's a symptom of intelligentz...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man