Start issue Wednesday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
The bracket goes on the top thru bolt on the starter, the one that looks like a stud with a nut and washer. I haven't seen one of these intact in years, so all I can say is to mount it to that bolt/stud on the starter, hold it in place (or bolt it up to the mount so you don't have to hold it, I know they're heavy!)and see where the other end lands. The bracket's curvature should d follow the side of the block.
I'm not sure the 400 I have, still has a starter on it, and that's the only small block I have that's old enough to have this bracket. These were a great idea, but many got tossed when the starter was changed, because "it's in the way, what do we need this for". GM wouldn't have put it there if it wasn't needed.
Unfortunately it looks like I don't have anywhere to mount it to the block. Apparently aftermarket blocks don't have a mount point on them for a starter brace.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Unfortunately it looks like I don't have anywhere to mount it to the block. Apparently aftermarket blocks don't have a mount point on them for a starter brace.
Well that just sucks....
Is it close enough to the dipstick tube mount, to run a piece of bar stock between the holes? That's better than nothing.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Well that just sucks....
Is it close enough to the dipstick tube mount, to run a piece of bar stock between the holes? That's better than nothing.
I was thinking the same thing. I'll look at that this weekend when I'm off work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod