BC’s boat/dumpster fire thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Just scored another free boat trailer, with a tri hull boat on it possibly. Good lord, where will this all lead? Me being broke, probably.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Just scored another free boat trailer, with a tri hull boat on it possibly. Good lord, where will this all lead? Me being broke, probably.

Ive seen too many friends fall victim to boats, please save yourself before its too late!

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
So, my dad works part time for oreilly’s delivering parts. Naturally he drives a lot, and he found this boat for a really good price yesterday. I’m thinking about going that route instead. All paperwork included, looks like it only needs seats. Which, the very first boat I posted about actually has a pair of good seats in it. May see if I can work this deal out instead. If it does work out, I’ll still get those other trailers, bring the other boat home and part it out. And rent the trailers out locally. Might even come out on top at some point. Or maybe this is just a lost cause that’ll end up with me losing my mind. Who knows anymore.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
......Or maybe this is just a lost cause that’ll end up with me losing my mind. Who knows anymore.

Lose it? I think you already lost it! :33: :favorites37: :happy175:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Check the floors -
Some are wood with fiberglass over them
Some are all wood
Some are all fiberglass

All fiberglass -> pricey
Fb over wood -> dirt cheap, wood is usually rotten
All wood -> just kys, its garbage HAHA (joke)

Inboard vs inboard is a discussion everyone loves.

Outboard, less leaks, theres a couple outboard motors i think other members might chime in on and recommend. Evinrude or whatever is decent, that much i know.

Inboard, potentially lots o leaks, check the propeller shaft, and the coupler in the floor around it for rust or general decay.

Check the condition of the pipes and such to see if the jackoffs ran clean water thru it after lake/ocean runs, or they just let it sit and rust (if inboard)

Dont buy no ******** with a ford motor, get a plain and simple, carb'ed sbc.

Ask about the tranny, see the play at the output of it, make sure the fluid isnt cooked to a crisp

If you insist on buying some shitbox with a blown trans, you have a good friend in Salisbury NC who will assist you.

(You know, as we are irl friends, and have chatted many of times, i gotta talk like you'd want me to if we were face to face,) ao for anyone viewing , this is how we talk to each other.

No crying over my offensive language

Last edited:

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Check the floors -
Some are all wood
Some are all fiberglass

All fiberglass -> pricey

Outboard, less leaks, theres a couple outboard motors i think other members might chime in on and recommend. Evinrude or whatever is decent, that much i know.

Inboard, potentially lots o leaks, check the propeller shaft, and the coupler in the floor around it for rust or general decay.

Check the condition of the pipes and such to see if the jackoffs ran clean water thru it after lake/ocean runs, or they just let it sit and rust (if inboard)

Ask about the tranny, see the play at the output of it, make sure the fluid isnt cooked to a crisp

If you insist on buying some shitbox with a blown trans, you have a good friend in Salisbury NC who will assist you.

(You know, as we are irl friends, and have chatted many of times, i gotta talk like you'd want me to if we were face to face,) ao for anyone viewing , this is how we talk to each other.

What offensive language, it's only ********

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Check the floors -
Some are all wood
Some are all fiberglass

All fiberglass -> pricey

Speaking of which, we need to get together.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I agree, we are only 45 minutes from one another. Very soon? Wedding anniversary is this weekend, maybe the next?
Possibly, depending on what’s going on. Still not going out very much with a 2.5 week old at home. Immune system and all

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
So I have to admit defeat on the fish and ski boat that I originally posted about. I asked my dad to look it over and he confirmed that it’s just too far gone. The floor is too rotten to reasonably save. I’ll still be pulling it home to sell the good parts off of, and scrap the boat. Keep the trailer to rent out. If anyone needs some boat parts let me know, I’ll see if what I have will work.

But the dream isn’t dead yet, while the funding I had lined up for that bass boat fell through, I have been offered a free Jon boat and trailer which is what I started out wanting anyway. It’s just down the road from my dads house so I’ll go get it and see where that ends up. Maybe third time is a charm. But I’m not too big of a man to admit that y’all were right.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Possibly, depending on what’s going on. Still not going out very much with a 2.5 week old at home. Immune system and all

Im currently staying in lake lure... i drive down hwy 40 on the way back monday ......

Are you up for a short visit?

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Im currently staying in lake lure... i drive down hwy 40 on the way back monday ......

Are you up for a short visit?
What time will you be coming through? I’m working until idk when today.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
What time will you be coming through? I’m working until idk when today.
I was flying down hwy 40 in an old ***** from 1989 running over 75 when you replied HAHAHAH

Attachments

• 20211004_115405.jpg
    20211004_115405.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 111

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969