B&M shift products th350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Who's changed from the ****** column shifter to floorshift. I swear I can't get used to downshifting with the stock location. Prob because every vehicle I've ever had was floor shift.

anyways I was looking @ their shifters. I'm thinking a floor shifter+ shift kit will give me a smoother shift. Instead of the jerk I feel from P-R-D.

I've got the floor shift bug. you know when you wanna reach other and shift, then your like damnit!

that I like to drive with my left hand and leave the right on the shifter, or in some pretty girls :boobs: or :D

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Who's changed from the ****** column shifter to floorshift. I swear I can't get used to downshifting with the stock location. Prob because every vehicle I've ever had was floor shift.

anyways I was looking @ their shifters. I'm thinking a floor shifter+ shift kit will give me a smoother shift. Instead of the jerk I feel from P-R-D.

I've got the floor shift bug. you know when you wanna reach other and shift, then your like damnit!

that I like to drive with my left hand and leave the right on the shifter, or in some pretty girls :boobs: or :D

thats why dad says i shouldnt make my truck a FMVB

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
fmvb ?

thatcanuckguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
colin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 stepside
Engine Size
b&m makes a good floor shifter for trucks. unfortuneately, a shift kit will not givet rid of the jerkyness that you speak of.

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Have any idea what's causing the jerk? U-joints are all brand new, no slack in the tc, or the rear diff.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
Backlash.
We detirmined mine to be backlash and the chain in my tcase.
Its more of a clunk rather then a jerk.

And a shiftkit will only make it kick harder when shifting, My th350 has a B&M Comp kit in it, and with my 4.11's i would get on it from a stop and when it went to second it would break loose and the tires would hit the curb.

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks D4r. Did fixing your backlash solve it ?

Last edited:

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
Thanks D4r. Did fixing your backlash solve it ?

I never messed with it, i just drove it like that, as long as theres not ALOT of play and your not constantly letting it go to the backside(letting off the gas completly) of the gears then flooring it and hearing a clunk, your gears will last awile. But i took that axle out of my truck, i sure miss them. Now i have 3.08's and god they clunk when i shift, its gotten worse over time, i have to open it up and check backlash, but my shifts have been off lately, i think ive had a valve start to hang up on me, more specifically 1-2, so its not uncommon for me to shift 1-2 around 5500-6k on the street.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've raced for years using a B&M Quicksilver ratchet shifter. They're badass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
I've raced for years using a B&M Quicksilver ratchet shifter. They're badass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I was lookign at going rachet in my pickup, but then ide have to reach over between her legs to shift everytime XD.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I put a basic B&M floor shifter in our Burb, I really like it compared to the stock shifter. It's not ratcheting and there's no indicator, but it has nice detents. Even my wife likes it. Although she did finally quit letting the kids climb up front and get out the front door, because my daughter accidentally knocked the shifter out of park one time. The truck rolled across the road and clobbered a Dakota.

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hell yeah, it's even better when your girl friends, friend is sitting in the center. :D

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hell yeah, it's even better when your girl friends, friend is sitting in the center. :D

Hell yes dude. I remember riding around with one of my buds in the truck. Well, his sisters car was broke so she went with us that night and my gf was off doing something stupid soooo sis got to ride in the middle. His sis sure liked fast trucks after a few stabs on the throttle and getting a little sideways hitting 2nd gear. And of course riding in 4th gear, had to keep my hand on the shifter ready for a 3rd gear downshift and stab it at any time. Hahaha, it didn't take long to notice she was scootin' down closer to the edge of the seat and was liking all the gear shifting. It was great, when I got them back home about midnight, she told her bro, tell mom and dad I"ll be back home on an hour or 2. I could tell bro was pissed, but I knew he'd get over it too and he did. She ended up being a hook up on the side for a year or so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohiokm