Autozone Duralast Pulleys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Stay away from the Duralast brand pulleys. I bought a tensioner pulley 2 years ago and it's bearing is staring to chirp already. :flipthebird:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
2 years? That's a long time for MOST Duralast stuff. They're banking on your getting rid of the vehicle after a year or so.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I figure I put about 10 - 15K on that pulley :shitsweak:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I figure I put about 10 - 15K on that pulley :shitsweak:

I try not to buy to much from discount auto parts stores for that reason. Napa is usually good for **** like that. Use caution though. I've seen some stuff at Napa that is the same **** O'Reily's uses. Now I don't know if that means O'ry's it stepping up on their ****, or if Napa is slipping. My dad bought a blower motor from O'Ry's Brand name X, whatever it was. It had a different pigtail on it, so we THOUGHT it was the wrong one and didn't want to butcher it and void the warranty. So went to Napa, they had the same brand X, but what was $30 at O'ry's was $56 at Napa. Same part # and all, but the one at Napa had the right pigtail. So reading the directions, for some wierd reason, cuz who does that? It said pigtail may be different than your application in that case, cut wires and use supplied wire nuts. :flipthebird: Luckily, Napa matched O'Ry's price and we too the wrong pigtail unit back to Ory's. Deal was, it was a lifetime warranty at Ory's and only 1 year at Napa. So we also lost the lifetime warranty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckboy_17