Audi's Suburban.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Just got back from my baby momma's house who lives next door to a really good friend of mine. My buddy took his life a couple months ago, he was in his forties and had no kids. He has a couple brothers he does not get along with and one is a really wealthy dude that owns a body shop here.

His house was abandoned, really creepy with the full moon and dead tree in the front yard. I noticed his 2 prize trucks were parked next to each other in the back yard, A hardbody nissan he was always working on and a really bad ass 71 Chevy Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4.

Its now clear I have to rescue his Suburban. I have absolutly no use for it, the thing just reminds me of my friend so it must be saved. I think I will try and get ahold of his Mom and see if she will sell it to me, I will stash it under tarps out here at my parents until I have use for it.

Thoughts anyone, should I just let his family do whatever with it or try and scoup it up? Most I can realistically go is 500 bucks.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
If they're willing to sell it so cheap and you two were close I say go for it. The only thing is they may feel sentimental value towards it too but you won't know that until you ask. Sorry for the loss of your buddy, man! I've never lost a friend to suicide but have lost a close friend due to an accident and it sucks!!

What kinda shape is the burb in?

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
If they're willing to sell it so cheap and you two were close I say go for it. The only thing is they may feel sentimental value towards it too but you won't know that until you ask. Sorry for the loss of your buddy, man! I've never lost a friend to suicide but have lost a close friend due to an accident and it sucks!!

What kinda shape is the burb in?

Yea it was crazy being at his house, last time we talked we where there and he was telling me to check out northern Nevada and the gold mines. Sure as **** a year later Im up there and was hoping to get in contact with him and maybe end up working at the same mine, and sure as **** when I end up there he passes away.

The only thing I am not sure about is the sentimental value, his brother's lived in town so if they cared about it they would have drove it home by now I am sure. I think I will get ahold of the lady and just tell her I dont want to see it scrapped or parted out and offer a little cash, maybe they will go for it.

The suburban is in really great shape! Its got a straight body and he drove it back and fourth to where we worked every single day. I would not change a thing on it, except maybe paint and put seats in the back again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
630erik1