audio suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Battlac40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra Classic
Engine Size
Run a "slim truck" design style woofer behind the seat or you can install 6in woofers in the dash. The corners behind our seat can be modded to fit 6x9s but I have had bad experiances with mixed style speakers the bass cannot be separated from the mid; and mid from tweet. BEacause of my power doors i ran 4x6 plates in the rear which I am not particularly happy with but I do like them better than 6x9s. Kick pannels are the uptimum way to go (with component style speakers) and consider putting the tweets behind your head up in the rear corner. With some carpet it would look and sound nice. I still dream of a roof console!

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Run a "slim truck" design style woofer behind the seat or you can install 6in woofers in the dash. The corners behind our seat can be modded to fit 6x9s but I have had bad experiances with mixed style speakers the bass cannot be separated from the mid; and mid from tweet. BEacause of my power doors i ran 4x6 plates in the rear which I am not particularly happy with but I do like them better than 6x9s. Kick pannels are the uptimum way to go (with component style speakers) and consider putting the tweets behind your head up in the rear corner. With some carpet it would look and sound nice. I still dream of a roof console!
I want to avoid the kick panels so I'm not kicking them all the time. I had a sent in my old beetle and people were constantly kicking them. I just ordered the slim rockford fosgate woofer and box with a mono amp and the rockford 1675s components for the doors. haven't decided about dash components or head unit yet. I'm leaning towards the retro sound hermosa beach or whatever its called. the cheaper retro sound doesn't come with a sub pre-out unfortunately.

Battlac40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra Classic
Engine Size
custom boxes for the components inside the door will make a big difference with the same speaker.

Battlac40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra Classic
Engine Size
What about an arrangement of components, amps, etc. behind the seat out of sight out of mind , central wiring , no kickpanels , no woofers , fully customizable and as long as you are not 6'2 like me you might even hace some extra room back there ?

This is what overboard looks like but I enjoy it .
JLW13 (Slim style)
JL800w Amp (mono-block) could,ve gone much bigger on this speaker
4x6 kenwood plates (rear) 4 1/2 kenwoods in the dash
Kenwood deck w/ USB port & aux (very handy)
Stinger digital capacitor (easy on the electrical system and made amp much louder)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrettkeith