Anyone find value in putting quick connects for hydraulics for plow lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Are you saying using power steering assisted brake power steering pump to power hydraulics? Interesting concept.

I need to tell you that if you were to use a single power steering pump with 2 returns when you operate the plow lift cylinder you will loose power steering.

Here is why, the hydro boost valve for the brakes has a lot going on inside so you always have power brakes and power steering. The brake booster only uses a very small volume of pressurized oil to operate. It is a flow through system that also has an accumulator. You can see the small cylinder on the back of the booster. With the engine shut off there is enough stored pressurized oil for a couple brake applications.

If you are steering fast and use all the available pressurized oil from the pump the accumulator fills the gap for the brakes. The valving going on in the hydro boost is more complicated than you might think.

So using 2 power steering pumps will work fine as @75Monza has one for his plow lift. My brother's old plow truck was set up with an extra pump for the plow.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I need to tell you that if you were to use a single power steering pump with 2 returns when you operate the plow lift cylinder you will loose power steering.

Here is why, the hydro boost valve for the brakes has a lot going on inside so you always have power brakes and power steering. The brake booster only uses a very small volume of pressurized oil to operate. It is a flow through system that also has an accumulator. You can see the small cylinder on the back of the booster. With the engine shut off there is enough stored pressurized oil for a couple brake applications.

If you are steering fast and use all the available pressurized oil from the pump the accumulator fills the gap for the brakes. The valving going on in the hydro boost is more complicated than you might think.

So using 2 power steering pumps will work fine as @75Monza has one for his plow lift. My brother's old plow truck was set up with an extra pump for the plow.
I do appreciate the input. Is there a secondary bracket sold somewhere?

Memaloose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I notice you have new coolant hoses and clamps, good for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg