Anybody got any good info about this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OLDBLUECHEY

Reaction score
First Name
ADAM
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10,K-20
Engine Size
350,350TBI
I picked this up last night from a good friend said it as a johnny lightnin truck but i cant find any info please help if you can?

Attachments

• KIMG0108.jpg
    KIMG0108.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 101
  • KIMG0106.jpg
    KIMG0106.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Never seen anything like it. Pretty cool though

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I believe that is just a butchered Ford F-150 Lightning badge but I might be wrong :shrug:

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I picked this up last night from a good friend said it as a johnny lightnin truck but i cant find any info please help if you can?

Lots of these trucks went through aftermarket dealer options and this could be one of them.

Do you have the original SPID of the truck?

OLDBLUECHEY

Reaction score
First Name
ADAM
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10,K-20
Engine Size
350,350TBI
Lots of these trucks went through aftermarket dealer options and this could be one of them.

Do you have the original SPID of the truck?

wel i thought i did but the info in the glove box as from a 2wd so the cab must have been changed at some time its supposed to be something about johnny lightning and im not sure if thats the die-cast company or something else also something about "factory" suspension lift but its got front and rear 2in blocks i cant belive "factory" would put blocks in the front

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
wel i thought i did but the info in the glove box as from a 2wd so the cab must have been changed at some time its supposed to be something about johnny lightning and im not sure if thats the die-cast company or something else also something about "factory" suspension lift but its got front and rear 2in blocks i cant belive "factory" would put blocks in the front

That maybe a custom emblem but that truck is far from original and no the factory would not pit blocks in the front.

Blocks in the front is a massive hazard and that truck should not be driven until that is fixed.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
There was never no Johnny Lightning truck. Nor factory blocks in the front or rear for that matter in those years.

Hope you didn't pay for the lightning

The truck looks like its in good shape tho!!! :)

Ditch the front blocks as those are illegal and can be dangerous.

OLDBLUECHEY

Reaction score
First Name
ADAM
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10,K-20
Engine Size
350,350TBI
There was never no Johnny Lightning truck. Nor factory blocks in the front or rear for that matter in those years.

Ditch the front blocks as those are illegal and can be dangerous.[/QUOTE

yeah i fully understand the block issue i was just intersted in the potental of a special rpo so that i could research it and return the truck to as orignal as possable as far as paint scheam the vin does tell me that its a 1977 1/2 ton came with a 400 smblk and came outta flint assy plant

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ya well even with out the Lightnin part, Its a pretty nice truck:) even better with a factory 400

That thing will shape up real nice!

OLDBLUECHEY

Reaction score
First Name
ADAM
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10,K-20
Engine Size
350,350TBI
ya well even with out the lightnin part, its a pretty nice truck:) even better with a factory 400

that thing will shape up real nice!

thanks ill keep digging just t see if i can ever find anything out theirs gotta be some inf somewhere if not i just do my on thing ith it

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
thanks ill keep digging just t see if i can ever find anything out theirs gotta be some inf somewhere if not i just do my on thing ith it

I think the info is someone stuck a random emblem on your fenders at some point. It's probably just a standard K10 :shrug: I agree with everyone else. Very nice truck and should look nice after you put some time in on it :)

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

Ditch the front blocks as those are illegal and can be dangerous.[/QUOTE

yeah i fully understand the block issue i was just intersted in the potental of a special rpo so that i could research it and return the truck to as orignal as possable as far as paint scheam the vin does tell me that its a 1977 1/2 ton came with a 400 smblk and came outta flint assy plant

If you know where the truck was originally sold? Have you tried contacting all the dealerships in that area just in case we are wrong?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

^^^^^^

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I think the info is someone stuck a random emblem on your fenders at some point. It's probably just a standard K10 :shrug: I agree with everyone else. Very nice truck and should look nice after you put some time in on it :)

I agree, looks like some random emblems screwed to the fenders. Actually it looks like an emblem from a used car dealer, like what would be screwed to the trunk or tailgate. Maybe "Lightnin" was a dealership somewhere.

Oh and btw, there were some trucks that came from the factory with blocks in the rear, but they were '77-'78 K30 trucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohiokm