Antenna coax??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Anyone in readerland parting a newer (88 and up) truck? I need the antenna coax. The tip broke off in the factory radio amplifier. I’d rather not mess around with aftermarket and then have to buy an adapter to go from a aftermarket antenna to fit the factory stereo.

Thanks

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have one and it's in nice shape. The problem is, we are moving and it is packed in a box... and I don't remember for sure which box or which truck said box got packed into. And our closing date isn't until March 7th.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Drop whatever trivial task your doing RIGHT NOW and work on my problem!!!

I’m in no hurry. This is for my sons truck, he doesn’t get his license for a few more weeks. In the meantime, he can manage without a stereo. How tragic!! Let me know, thanks!!

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Kid with no radio!..cruel and unusual punishment hahaha

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
I agree. I’m dreading the CPS knocking on my door.

Remember when we were kids, we had entertain ourselves by looking out the car window? This was long before cars and trucks had “entertainment” systems,and mobile phones were carried around in a backpack. Whenever the family went cruising in the Olds (what I refer to as “Oldsmobiling”) the kids always fought over the cell phone charger. In another cruel shortsighted engineering blunder, the Big 3 rarely had more than one cigarette lighter in their cars. However, I had a brainstorm moment worthy of MyGuyver. I installed usb chargers in the backseat ashtrays. With the lid closed, they are invisible.

I’m at work now, so I can’t post pics. Whenever I go to car shows or cruises, people always comment on the chargers, especially the younger kids.

Unfortunately, I take that as a bad omen for the future of our hobby. A kid at a car show is looking at a classic 60s muscle car with factory cold air induction, big tires, aluminum heads, rowdy roller cam, and a stack of low 11 second timeslips, and they ask about the USB charger.

Attachments

• CFFF8A6D-270A-49F7-AD87-711301E75CAC.jpeg
    CFFF8A6D-270A-49F7-AD87-711301E75CAC.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 52

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I have multiple 88-98 age trucks, and there's a few at the junkyard right now. Show me exactly what you need, and maybe I could get you one.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Anyone in readerland parting a newer (88 and up) truck? I need the antenna coax. The tip broke off in the factory radio amplifier. I’d rather not mess around with aftermarket and then have to buy an adapter to go from a aftermarket antenna to fit the factory stereo.

Thanks
would 1990 oldsmobile 88 have what you need?

frankly i dont remmeber what the antenna hookups be like.. but the car had a mast antenna which i replaced with an 88 lesabre normal antenna and the mast is laying in my shed on the floor by a shelf, but the radio is in the car if that is the conntector you mean, i would have to pull it out which wouldbt be terrible just we got a snow storm lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54