Another power steering pump question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shilaeli hugger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Burdaddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
My neighbor is letting me strip her 95 half ton v6 for anything i can use. I was looking at the power steering pump. The whole belt drive is set up the same as my 87. Would it work on my truck? Anything else i should grab before it gets hauled away?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
complete front engine accessories, wheels and maybe the seats.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
If it has a Jeep XJ intermediate steering shaft, I'd grab it. More than likely doesn't, but the Jeep shaft has universal joints and the GM shaft has a rubber rag joint on the Saginaw steering gearbox end. If it's TBI, I'd grab all the sensors that are the same so you can have spares because sensor failure is as much a guarantee as death or taxes. They should all be the same minus the TPS sensor, and it won't have a ESC module on it if it's an automatic. If it's a manual, I'd grab the ECM. If it's an automatic, do not. Yours is TBI, right? Just wondering because I'm guessing you have serpentine accessory drive because the GMT400's came with serpentine.

Shilaeli hugger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Burdaddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Yeah i have 87 tbi. Went over to check headlight harness on the 95 but dont think itll work. Got the headlights so far. Just wanted to make sure before i go tearin stuff off and end up with stuff i dont need. Hers is half ton so 6 lug. Cant use them. Gonna grab.positive cables. Found out my alt isnt even hooked to the battery! What the hell. No big deal i dont mind a project. Gonna rewire whole truck anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub