Another New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Welcome!

Not an '81 front end on that truck though.o_O

hoffmanshaven

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Thank you! The camper shell is for a Ford truck but fits my Chevy like a glove. I've used it a lot for camping. Got a question. This truck is definitely an '81. Checked it out multiple ways and by the VIN. I've had it a very long time since about November of '93. I have just always assumed it had a 700 R4 in it. I was chatting it up with someone in another forum though and they said it's more than likely a 200 4R trans since they didn't start putting the 700 in the trucks until later in '82. I did some googling and it's most likely the 200 since the pan has 6 angles on it and isn't exactly square. I got under there and looked around for some kind of number or something but came up empty. What do you think? Whatever it is, it's built like a tank! This truck has always been a worker. Hauled and pulled a lot with it over the years. It does have an external trans cooler on it as well.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Not trying to argue what your title says, look around at some of the trucks people have here. There could be pieces and parts on it from many different years. I'm going by my eyes. Maybe It was wrecked and newer parts put on or a previous owner swapped the front. The bumper and grill are not '81. They're '83 or newer parts.

Personal I'm not a huge fan of the 81-82 grill and bumper design so I actually think it looks better how it sits.:cool:

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
interesting truck. welcome from PA

Babs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet CUCV
Engine Size
:welcome:

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350

hoffmanshaven

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I am selling the truck as I am looking for a 3/4 ton. Problem is I don't know what I have. VIN says it's an '81. User "gotyourgoat" and several other people have made comments that it isn't an '81. I had to join this forum so I could poke around and see what I can find. I did list it on craigslist to see what offers I got. So far they've all been low. It's either an '81 with a newer front end or it's a later truck titled as '81. The VIN on the build sheet in the glove box matches the one on the dash. I've had the truck since 1994 and it's always been titled as an '81. All titles I have always had have always been blemish free. It's not salvage or rebuilt or whatever they are. It absolutely has a 700 R4 trans which I am told wasn't available until the '82 model year. This truck has the heavy half accoutrements on as well. Large heavy duty brakes and extra leaf springs. I did a VIN check online through carfax but it didn't help. Just says '81 but didn't add any new information. Unfortunately I am going to sell this one now and purchase a 3/4 ton at a later date. Preferably a 3/4 ton with a 454 and manual trans but we'll see what's available when I start looking. I am still poking around for information too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare