AM Delco Radio Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjewett444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
hello everyone i just joined the forum and was wondering if anyone can help me out. i have a '84 c10 with 2 aftermarket 6x9 4 ohm speakers, and just recently installed a delco am radio from a '75 gmc sierra grande that was sitting in a field for probably 20+ yrs. i wanted an original GM radio instead of the cd player that came with the truck when i bought it. the problem is i hooked up power to grey wire(12v power)/yellow wire(which is light)and black(ground) also a 4 prong connector for speakers labeled A B C D. only had terminals in B and D in 4 prong connector(green)/(black) wires which i think because of only 1 speaker. anyways the light turns on inside radio whether switch is on or off, ground connection is good, i probed with an LED test light and got some power in board when radio was apart. but when i probe speakers the both say ground and no power to them. i tested 1 speaker to a 12v source and it pops up slightly when applied. im thinking radio is messed up, any light shed on this would be greatly appriciated, thanks.

-Jim

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site.

jjewett444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
thanks.. went to scrapyard today and couldn't find any radios older than 90's.. anyone have any ideas hot to get this working??