alot of rally wheel questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
Yea I'm still around, been busy alot lately, work and all.

Anyways, got a bunch of squarebody rally wheel questions, for 6 lug wheels, also some on beauty/trim rings.

first up, anyone tried the 16 inch gmt400 centers on them?

what about corvette or camaro rally centers? I heard ya can, maybe drill 3 holes to do so, but lmc sells them for them as well.

I hear the plastric centers are crap, but I'd still have to get some, ebay has a set with no holes for $60 and by that I mean no front lock in/out holes which is what I need, gonna put em on my 88 which is IFS.

Can you buy or put the caps on the front ones with holes to make them match the rears?

Can you get custom emblems like a bowtie instead of 4x4?

Where's the cheapest place to get some centers, I tried amazon, ebay, lmc and summit.

LMC has the cheapest but has the holes and I'd have to block those off to make em like 4 rear caps.

ebay has 4 solid ones for $60.

trim rings cheapest place? ebay was what I found $60 for a set of 4 chrome ones and I want the wide 3 inch ones.

Please feel free to post pics of anything you did custom to yours, and if anyone has nice trim rings or centers let me know.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Did you check JC Whitney?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You don't want chrome trim rings, you want stainless. The chrome ones will either rust (if made of steel) or peel (if made of plastic). It's best to get good used ones, or pony up the big bucks for nice ones from somewhere like Coker Tire.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I saw stainless ones and those are ok if they are completely polished and nice like chrome, if not I don't want them.

My old man has a set but I aint sure if I could polish out the scratches in them.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yeah, most are a high-polish finish like the factory rings.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
seen em on ebay the ones I was looking at actually were polished SS and were like $60 a set, not bad IMO. I'll try them once I get ready to mount the wheels, might try to clean up and polish the old mans to use first though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Green K10