Air Compressor Wheel Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have these wheels/tires on a 33gal portable air compressor. About 10yrs old and the tires are dry rotted. I'd like to get something slightly taller so I could put a 90* petcock on the bottom of the tank. Anyone done something like this - or familiar with the way these mount on the spindle that I could swap a different /taller wheel on? THX

You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I have these wheels/tires on a 33gal portable air compressor. About 10yrs old and the tires are dry rotted. I'd like to get something slightly taller so I could put a 90* petcock on the bottom of the tank. Anyone done something like this - or familiar with the way these mount on the spindle that I could swap a different /taller wheel on? THX

I would take the wheel off with the 4 bolts and then maybe a c clip on the shaft, maybe? But then take the wheel to harbor freight. Ours is a midsize one. But they carry a **** load of wheels and tires for small things. Lots of things like that. If anything find tire and wheel with a different mount(wheel barrow for example) but a tire size that’s larger
Than the 3.50-4in one and have it swapped. If you like them that pneumatic, fill it with a tiny tire slime or similar and air. If you want it tougher but taller, could fill with a hard foam or so.
Id personally keep it pneumatic

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave