Advise needed on some sort of console.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Hey fellers looking for idea for some type of console for the K30. Only requests are that there be atleast 2 cup holders and if it covers the ash tray that there be another in the console. Oh yea I cant have anything in the seat beside me, gotta save room for the kiddos.

BTW holding my drink and both kids drinks at the same time as driving gives a WHOLE new meaning to "multitasking"

If anyone got something custom or know of anything else post me some peaktures

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
wont work in my truck 4x4 shifter would be in the way

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
ahhhh.....you're right. That just made me think of this one I saw for sale near my job. Check this thing out. It's got a nice console that hides for floor shifter. It looks pretty straightforward to do. But check out all of the interior pics on this thing. It doesn't get much nicer. Maybe someone knows what this console may have come out of.
http://www.wynnpontiacbuickgmc.com/...evrolet-Blazer-V10-Cartersville-GA/1524505363

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
defintly nice looking interior, but I have a bench seat. and I have to keep the bench seat.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
So what you want is something to sit on the floor in front of the bench, cover the shifter, and have a spot to install a new DIN-style radio or something?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Actually what I am contemplating now is to build something that ataches to the dash, It will cover the ash tray so i will have to have an ash tray in it as well as cup holders.

Picture a box with 2 holes for cups on the top, Now slide the front out and it reveils another 2 holes which would give me a place for my, the wife and kids drinks. Also the ash try would probably slide out from underneith it.

Another problem I will have is the A/C Vent will be covered, I am thinking of a way to basically extend the vent thru the cup holder.
Does that sound reasonable or even acheivable?

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Actually what I am contemplating now is to build something that ataches to the dash, It will cover the ash tray so i will have to have an ash tray in it as well as cup holders.

Picture a box with 2 holes for cups on the top, Now slide the front out and it reveils another 2 holes which would give me a place for my, the wife and kids drinks. Also the ash try would probably slide out from underneith it.

Another problem I will have is the A/C Vent will be covered, I am thinking of a way to basically extend the vent thru the cup holder.
Does that sound reasonable or even acheivable?

Ohhhh....I see. It's hard to say for sure, but I think it'll be reasonable, just intricate. What if you formed a console that sat on the floor that had 2 cup holders side-by-side between the seat and the shifter, then a storage bin to the right of the shifter, then 2 cup holders between the shifter and dash. I'd think that would be easier, avoid putting mounting holes in your dash, and maintain your ash tray. Would that work?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
ahhhh.....you're right. That just made me think of this one I saw for sale near my job. Check this thing out. It's got a nice console that hides for floor shifter. It looks pretty straightforward to do. But check out all of the interior pics on this thing. It doesn't get much nicer. Maybe someone knows what this console may have come out of.
http://www.wynnpontiacbuickgmc.com/...evrolet-Blazer-V10-Cartersville-GA/1524505363

That's sweet, shame they did all that work and couldn't swap a 4 spoke steer wheel on it.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Ohhhh....I see. It's hard to say for sure, but I think it'll be reasonable, just intricate. What if you formed a console that sat on the floor that had 2 cup holders side-by-side between the seat and the shifter, then a storage bin to the right of the shifter, then 2 cup holders between the shifter and dash. I'd think that would be easier, avoid putting mounting holes in your dash, and maintain your ash tray. Would that work?

It could but then my kids dont have any place for there feet.

Square body truck dont mix with kids and drinks. Just no reall good place to keep the drinks. Course back then I remember just riding in the bed, cant do that anymore unless your 21 here.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Square body truck dont mix with kids and drinks. Just no reall good place to keep the drinks. Course back then I remember just riding in the bed, cant do that anymore unless your 21 here.
Some aftermarket place should make a plastic console that hangs off the dash, like the way those cheap drink holders made to hang on the door in the windo track and hang down on the door, but a larger one with storage and couple a drink holder slots, and it would hang between the 2 vents in front of the passengers, know what I mean. If I could find a pic of a dash of that area I could draw up what I am trying to explain.....

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I know what you mean 89S. You would think so, huh? I see an idea for your new company!

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size

I was thinking about straddling the console, but that probably wouldn't work w/4 people on the bench. When my wife and son ride though, we put him in the middle and he straddles the console. I just have one of those black plastic ones I got from Kmart or somewhere many years ago. Maybe if you build it slim enough, you could let one kid put both feet on the DS of the console, and the other kid on the PS of the console?? I do see what you're saying though.

What if you build it so there's all four between the shifter and the dash. Have 2 down low, then stup up a few inches and have 2 more up high where the dash is. Then you could sit it on the floor still and just tack it to the dash with small self-tapping screws to keep it from tipping. It would only interfere with the ash tray when there's a drink in the upper right cupholder. See what I mean?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I know what you mean 89S. You would think so, huh? I see an idea for your new company!
You saw it here first, I need to trademark this and get rich of you bums, lol! :roflbow:

Look at this sexy thing, and you could put 12 volt sockets and anything you want to in it, and you can use the same mounting holes as the dash trim uses, so no hack job, just a simple ABS plastic product, and the directional vent control can be removed from the dash mount and installed into the opening in the console. I need to go get a patent...

:grd:

Here ya go OLP. :wave:

You must be registered for see images

hosting images

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Custom, Dash mounted console. Avail with or without a/c vent opening, in 6 standard GM colors. Mounts using existing dash holes and hardware. Leaves plenty of legroom, and access to ash tray, cigarette lighter, floor mounted shifter and glove box. Made of durable ABS plastic, light weight, and easy to mod your own custom ideas into. Comes formed with 3 large cup holders and two storage areas. All this can be yours, for the ridiculously low price of $39.99!!!! :roflbow:

You must be registered for see images

hosting images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello