Adjusted fast idle, truck won’t start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoalMiner

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hello,

Truck was running well enough, just fast idle was a little high. I adjusted it and haven’t been able to get the truck to start since. I’ve watched every video about a quadrajet I could find. Reset the idle screw per spec, adjusted mixture screws. Got it to turn over and run (really rough), but it died once I let off the gas. Haven’t gotten it to work since. There’s power to the electric choke.

Any advice?

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Did you adjust the fast idle or base idle? Base is on the left, fast is low on the right. Usually the throttle needs to be slightly open with engine off to adjust fast idle.

Either way it should run if throttle is depressed. How many times was the throttle opened and closed? Each time a little fuel is squirted by the accelerator pump. Sounds like it is either flooded or out of fuel. Try dripping a little fuel in both front venturis. Should at least start. If that doesn't work mash the throttle to the floor, crank on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1