Adjustable lever on plunger, edelbrock 1406

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
The lever with the 3 adjustment holes with a small cotter pin, What does it actually do? And what hole to leave it adjusted at?
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

79azc10

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 scottsdale
Engine Size
I know if you look at the edlebrock website they have short videos about cleaning and tubing them. If I remember right you adjust the throttle response by adjusting the placement of the rod

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
You can leave it in the middle hole. You would adjust it to the other wholes to change the stroke of the pump shot. Say if it hesitates on take off move it up or down ..cant remember right now which increases it.... that would give it more gas and move to the other for less gas.

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
depending on what the specs of your engine you can adjust to get more flow rate, but you dont wanna get too much and drowned your engine. you might start black smoking on WOT in a gas engine which is not good. your engine looks pretty much stock so id have to say leave it alone. looks like you have a 600cfm vac secondaries carb. and from what i can tell your running maybe swirl port heads. which dont get me wrong flow great, but dont flow enough to justify uping the flow on the carb. now if your were running a good divided high rise, a good cam with moderate lift, and maybe port match your intake and heads to each other, you might want to up your flow on the carb more. but since from what i can tell in the pics your look pretty much stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelmarine53