Adding Power Door Locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonicbluezx3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I am doing a restoration on my 86 K10. While doing so, I am adding a couple things - A/C and Power Locks.

My question is.... how do I add in the power locks? Does someone have a wiring diagram? I would also like to install a security system eventually.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
You seem to be trying to keep everything factory?

The hardest part will be running the wiring from the door to the cab as you probably don't have the holes already there.

sonicbluezx3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Not necessarily factory, but the doors have all of the wiring already (and I think it had power windows before.... can't really tell because it has manual now and I want to keep it that way). I replaced my cab and it had the holes for the conduit. So basically all I need to know is what wires do what coming off the door and where they are supposed to go, and I should be able to figure it out.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Not necessarily factory, but the doors have all of the wiring already (and I think it had power windows before.... can't really tell because it has manual now and I want to keep it that way). I replaced my cab and it had the holes for the conduit. So basically all I need to know is what wires do what coming off the door and where they are supposed to go, and I should be able to figure it out.

www.alldatadiy.com

Alldata is a repair software used by professionals world wide. IMHO i have never used a repair software nearly as good. You should be able to get all the diagrams you need for the swap.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Don't you need a login/password for that?

yea its easy. Just make you an account and pay the 20 bux for the subsription. It is Worth every penny of it, U can add other vehichles to your account when you need them for 16.95 after the first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rotti_rancher