Add a seat belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ichversuchte

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Anyone have any tips to add a additional seatbelt in a 84 k10 bench seat. We only have three seat belts and 4 ppl in the family. [emoji3]

Thank you
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Sierra C15 | Silverado Z71
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
I've had this same thought...
I was going to purchase another center belt, and bolt it down through the floor between the current halves that are already there. Therefor, adding one in between the current center belt, and having 2 center belts now. My kids are little (10 y.o. girl that weighs 70 lbs & 5 y.o. girl who weighs 45lbs) so this will work for me.

That, or I was going to have my wife ride in the back with my dog, Eleanor, and my kids would ride up front. :)

Ichversuchte

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I was going to purchase another center belt, and bolt it down through the floor between the current halves that are already there. Therefor, adding one in between the current center belt, and having 2 center belts now. My kids are little (10 y.o. girl that weighs 70 lbs & 5 y.o. girl who weighs 45lbs) so this will work for me.

That, or I was going to have my wife ride in the back with my dog, Eleanor, and my kids would ride up front. :)
Lol. I’ll have to ask my wife if she prefers the bed of the truck. I’ll be prepared to sleep a few nights on the sofa.

Good call on the extra belt. Did you ever buy one from a auto parts store or would you look in a junkyard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size

....... or I was going to have my wife ride in the back with my dog, Eleanor, and my kids would ride up front. :)

Yeah, let me know how that works out for you!

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
hah, when I was a kid they just threw the center belt around both of us. Anything's gotta be safer than that!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
junkyards around here wont sell you a seatbelt because its used and presumed incapable of performing the job of a seatbelt anymore

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
hah, when I was a kid they just threw the center belt around both of us. Anything's gotta be safer than that!

Before my little sister was born (9 years younger than me) my dad went out to a junk yard and grabbed a seat from a school bus, and 2 seat belts. He bolted the school bus seat into the bed of an S-10 pickup, bolted the seatbelts in as well, and installed a tin-can camper shell on the truck, and called it a family vehicle. LOL. Those were some damn cold drives at times, but dad needed the truck bed, and crew cab pickups were out of reach I guess.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Before my little sister was born (9 years younger than me) my dad went out to a junk yard and grabbed a seat from a school bus, and 2 seat belts. He bolted the school bus seat into the bed of an S-10 pickup, bolted the seatbelts in as well, and installed a tin-can camper shell on the truck, and called it a family vehicle. LOL. Those were some damn cold drives at times, but dad needed the truck bed, and crew cab pickups were out of reach I guess.

Crew cabs weren't really a thing back then (some existed but they were not common), hell even 4 door SUVs weren't really around besides Suburbans and Grand Wagoneers. Trucks were not a status symbol back then, nor were they a family vehicle. They were designed for getting work done, a little more classy than a tractor. SUVs were for banging around in the back country, or 4 wheeling if that was your passtime. If you just needed basic wheels and didn't need a whole car you bought a pickup because not only was it cheap it was also utilitarian, if you were broke you bought a little S10 or a *** truck. How we now have leather clad $70,000 HD pickup trucks these days and how putting Escalade badges on a GMT400 Tahoe made it a luxury Cadillac is still a mystery to me.

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
Crew cabs weren't really a thing back then (some existed but they were not common), hell even 4 door SUVs weren't really around besides Suburbans and Grand Wagoneers. Trucks were not a status symbol back then, nor were they a family vehicle. They were designed for getting work done, a little more classy than a tractor. SUVs were for banging around in the back country, or 4 wheeling if that was your passtime. If you just needed basic wheels and didn't need a whole car you bought a pickup because not only was it cheap it was also utilitarian, if you were broke you bought a little S10 or a *** truck. How we now have leather clad $70,000 HD pickup trucks these days and how putting Escalade badges on a GMT400 Tahoe made it a luxury Cadillac is still a mystery to me.

Yep, I agree with you 100%. I come from a family that up until me... all the males thought 4wd was a luxury not needed. I was the first in the family to get one, and I've used it maybe twice in 4 years, LOL. But if I need it, I have it. I will say I love my "luxury" truck though. After driving many vehicles 8-10 hours for road trips, I'll take my truck over many of the cars or SUV's that I've driven. I'd say the new Atlas Cross Sport my wife just got in June could put my truck on the back burner for us as far as road trips go. That thing is comfy, but not really a truck or SUV in my mind.

sorry to take this so far off topic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey