add a leaf, zero rate/e-z inch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
ok guys can you add more then one add a leaf to a spring pack? Mines already got some in back.

I would guess if you have a leaf style you could add the zero rate or ez inch to it no problem.?

on lifted front springs can you put in a leaf style add a leaf?

on lifted fronts I'm guessing adding a zero rate or ez inch is perfectly fine.

I know the answer is buy bigger lift springs but those aint cheap.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
ok guys can you add more then one add a leaf to a spring pack? Mines already got some in back.

I would guess if you have a leaf style you could add the zero rate or ez inch to it no problem.?

on lifted front springs can you put in a leaf style add a leaf?

on lifted fronts I'm guessing adding a zero rate or ez inch is perfectly fine.

I know the answer is buy bigger lift springs but those aint cheap.
I wouldn't recommended stacking ez/zero rates, but no reason you can't add more than one add a leaf.

It will get noticeably stiffer the more you add, but its just a heavier spring to give you that added inch.

No problem combining an add a leaf with a zero rate either. Zero/ez rates are suitable for the front springs as well since they bolt to the spring pack, unlike regular lift blocks which are held between the pack and the axle. Add a leaf in the front is also just fine too.

Also, just make sure each leaf added is either the same length or smaller than the one above it otherwise you'll have binding issues and they won't have the correct load capacity or height.

Added a leaf and a 1" ez rate to the front of my truck. Gave me like 1.5-2". No problem with it at all, I just need to make new spring clamps so they don't fan out.

Last edited:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I'm not looking at stacking the ez inch or zero rates, just wondered if they were ok on my rear spring pack since there's a 4 inch reg. block there. I was more curious as to the other, which you answered, thanks very much.

I'm looking into adding some zero rates and a leaf style up front, or one or th eother, see how it is, compared to the back, and adjust accordingly. I also wanna try and squeeze as much lift as I can without actually changing leaf packs to a bigger lift set. I think if I add some zero rates and leaf style add a leafs all around, then maybe body lift as well(only if I can figure out a way to raise both bumpers and the gas tank) then I'll be happy.

I'm happy now, it's pretty big, but I'd always like more lift lol.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I'm not looking at stacking the ez inch or zero rates, just wondered if they were ok on my rear spring pack since there's a 4 inch reg. block there. I was more curious as to the other, which you answered, thanks very much.

I'm looking into adding some zero rates and a leaf style up front, or one or th eother, see how it is, compared to the back, and adjust accordingly. I also wanna try and squeeze as much lift as I can without actually changing leaf packs to a bigger lift set. I think if I add some zero rates and leaf style add a leafs all around, then maybe body lift as well(only if I can figure out a way to raise both bumpers and the gas tank) then I'll be happy.

I'm happy now, it's pretty big, but I'd always like more lift lol.

I was originally running an EZ Ride 4" lift on 32's. Worked out perfectly with no clearance issues. Always wanted to run a set of 35's, but didn't want to be running a 6" lift and have to go for extended driveshafts and all that extra expense.

So, threw the 35's on the 4in lift and had issues with rubbing everywhere. Ended up taking a spare set of leaves (came out of the rear packs) and an ez rate and tossing those up front. Minimized all rubbing to only at full lock when entering a steep driveway.

It's not hard at all, just gotta get a new set of center pins if your blocks don't come with any of them. Zero rates also have the feature of being able to shift the axle forward/backward or same spot to help recenter it if your springs move it out of its stock location.

Also helped with the clearance between the drivers side spring pack and the steering dampener.

A 1" body lift will work out perfectly in that you won't really notice the difference in the bumper height as well as no issues with cables and linkages between the cab and frame/drivetrain.

Depending on the spring rate of your front packs, i'd recommend going for the zero rate and add a leaf while only doing an add a leaf in the rear if you intend to keep the 4in block. Just doesn't sit all that right with me in putting a zero rate on top of a block.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yea it may just pic where it sitting but to me it's down in front compared to the back and there's no motor or trans in it

the back has the 4 inch block and an add a leaf in it.

The fronts have a good 5 finger clearance sitting right now between the tire and the lower fender behind it, pointing straight ahead

just oticed I have no u bolt left to add anything too I'd have to get longer ones

Attachments

• IMG_20161208_133317_576.jpg
    IMG_20161208_133317_576.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20161208_133608_155.jpg
    IMG_20161208_133608_155.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_20161208_133458_425.jpg
    IMG_20161208_133458_425.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 165

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Yeah, looks like you've got a good bit of rake going on. May be more noticeable if the ground is slightly sloped.

Here's what my spring pack looked like before/after:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160427_173409.jpg
    20160427_173409.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 442
  • 20160427_192409.jpg
    20160427_192409.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 507

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
My blazer has zero rates on all four corners and I wheel it pretty hard , never had any issue's
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64