AC Blower motor noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecantaloupeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dawson
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I had the same issue and this fixed it. The male plug on the blower has 2 contact points that ground against the blower frame itself. You can’t see them unless you take apart the motor. Fairly easy, all you need is to take out the blower and use needle nose pliers to separate the connecting “wings”. I used gorilla glue and glued it back against the frame of the blower so it made a connection better. I stayed away from getting any glue on the contact points themselves. Put it back together and sounded smooth as butter afterwards. When those contact points are weak it makes the connection jump on and off and makes that motor jump around causing the noise you hear.
Interesting. I'll give that a go. I have nothing to lose. And if it doesn't work a new one is only 20$. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

thecantaloupeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dawson
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I had the same issue and this fixed it. The male plug on the blower has 2 contact points that ground against the blower frame itself. You can’t see them unless you take apart the motor. Fairly easy, all you need is to take out the blower and use needle nose pliers to separate the connecting “wings”. I used gorilla glue and glued it back against the frame of the blower so it made a connection better. I stayed away from getting any glue on the contact points themselves. Put it back together and sounded smooth as butter afterwards. When those contact points are weak it makes the connection jump on and off and makes that motor jump around causing the noise you hear.
Interesting. I'll give that a go. I have nothing to lose. And if it doesn't work a new one is only 20$. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pete08