A/C Blend/Mode door issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Read

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
85 c10--having issue with A/C blend door. Door #1 appears to be working fine through various modes(ie. heat, bi-level, vent, defrost,etc.) however when I turn to Norm or Max a/c door number 1 goes to the correct position however door #2, which is connected to door #1 via a threaded rod on top of heater box, does not open entirely. This is causing weak air flow to vents. I am able to move door#2 into place and air flow is fine. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue. Door #2 has a rod that goes through it and I am able to move the door independent of the rod which I don't think I should be able to do. This could be causing the issue since door 2 should move into place once door #1 opens all the way. Picture attached

Any suggestions??

2nd question--should there be a noticeable difference in air flow from Norm a/c to Max?

You must be registered for see images attach

Read

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Also noticed that door #1 is not going fully into place when a/c mode selected....still has ~1/4" gap of space that I can push to closed.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Sounds like a vacuum leak

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Door #2 has a rod that goes through it and I am able to move the door independent of the rod which I don't think I should be able to do. This could be causing the issue since door 2 should move into place once door #1 opens all the way.

1.) That is correct. That door #2 should move into place. Check for anything blocking it, give the hinges a drop of machine oil and make sure the rod is not bent or blocked.

2.) Yes there should there be a noticeable difference in air flow from Norm a/c to Max.
Norm is for cooling outside air, Max recirculates interior air.

Read

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Door #1 is opening and closing — would it do that with a vacuum leak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strokedK15