90 burban acc/heat fuse blows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1990burb

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 sub
Engine Size
alright guys so this is my first post here on this awesome forum so bare with me please. so yesterday i charged up the ac in my truck and everything was good. nice cold ac. but the issue arose once i started to drive the truck down the road. so once i am moving the acc/heater fuse blows. along with the blower no longer functioning the speedo is also on that circuit and no longer works as well. so i replaced the fuse and as long as the truck is parked the ac works great no fuse blown. and same with the speedo as long as the air is off while in motion. any ideas of where i could be looking to solve this little conundrum? i sure would like to enjoy the ac while driving not just parked lol. any input and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

1990burb

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 sub
Engine Size
my burb only has front ac no rear. I'm not sure if it does it with only the heater on i will check that out here in a few. changing the fan speed doesn't make a difference any speed blows the fuse if the vehicle is in motion while the blower is operating with the ac on thank you for the diagrams and trouble shooting guides i will put those to use today and get back. thanks again for the input

1990burb

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 sub
Engine Size
ok so a little update. the fuse only blows when the ac is on and the truck is moving. does not blow if the truck is parked. and does not blow if the heater or vent is on rather it is moving or parked. so i am thinking the problem has to lie in the ac circuit. i read something about the little diode on the connector for the ac clutch. it was suggested that i should remove that diode. but I'm figuring it was there for a reason and wanted to check here if anyone had heard of that or not and what the possible outcomes may be. once again thanks for taking the time to review my post and i look forward to any and all input.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Try just unplugging the connector to the compressor.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Try just unplugging the connector to the compressor.

At the firewall. That will eliminate any shorts in the entire run (from the firewall connector, down on to the engine, all along the valve cover and up to the compressor clutch):

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
True, they both sound like good ideas.