89S's Pull A Part Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, I'd proabably always take some kind of wagon. Mine is almost to big, but it'll do. It just sucks lifting it up and down in and out of the truck. You did score on that bracket. :waytogo: I wish our yard seperated trucks. Nope. You have to walk all the truck rows cuz they are all scattered.
I was going to go then decided to paying with my temp guage and trying to get my defrost blend door to work. about ready to pull the dash about now so I can see all the vac lines. I think I might need the vac switch on the controller and why I decided to wait, then I thought fugg it, just go and pick up 2 or 3 vac switches while I was there ,but got tied on the phone with my daughter and it got later than I wanted.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Yep, I'd proabably always take some kind of wagon. Mine is almost to big, but it'll do. It just sucks lifting it up and down in and out of the truck. You did score on that bracket. :waytogo: I wish our yard seperated trucks. Nope. You have to walk all the truck rows cuz they are all scattered.
I was going to go then decided to paying with my temp guage and trying to get my defrost blend door to work. about ready to pull the dash about now so I can see all the vac lines. I think I might need the vac switch on the controller and why I decided to wait, then I thought fugg it, just go and pick up 2 or 3 vac switches while I was there ,but got tied on the phone with my daughter and it got later than I wanted.

Yah, they sort them in groups here so it helps to keep you in one area for the vehicle type. Luckily the sections I go after are close to the gate, except the jeep shafts are farther back in the yard.

Here is more pics of the bracket for my reference, I need to get at least one more. I also found a third OH console, grey, but it has a hacked harness and the bulbs and lenses on the map lights are missing, but it still could be saved. I left this one there for today and took the red one home, I couldn't leave that one there. So that is 3 OH consoles at this PAP out of like 6 Burbs they have, kinda weird odds there. Now I just realized I forgot the damn template I cut out of the donor headboard, ****.

I also took a comparison pic there of holding the Burb OH console up to a pickup cab roof, you see how much longer it is.

You must be registered for see images

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:popcorn: living thru you right now. The wifey won't let me go to the junk yards right now. Shes afraid I'll find something and it will follow me home:driver:;)

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn: living thru you right now. The wifey won't let me go to the junk yards right now. Shes afraid I'll find something and it will follow me home:driver:;)

Glad to be of service, lol.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
No, I got my eye on it though. Looks kind of thick don't it? Might be overkill for mine? Thoughts?

I don't think it's overkill at all. I know you're boat isn't all that heavy, but still I don't think you can over do rear stabilizer. What needs it worse than anything is rear coil spring suspension. Leafs aren't near as bad wo it. But yep, I'd take plenty of WD-40 or Liquid Wrech, and plan on getting it. You don't see it often. Was this on a 4x4 truck?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Wuss !!! Don't you know how to sneak things into the garage or the side of the house when she isn't looking??? Some of you guys make women sound so hard to deal with.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I don't think it's overkill at all. I know you're boat isn't all that heavy, but still I don't think you can over do rear stabilizer. What needs it worse than anything is rear coil spring suspension. Leafs aren't near as bad wo it. But yep, I'd take plenty of WD-40 or Liquid Wrench, and plan on getting it. You don't see it often. Was this on a 4x4 truck?

It's a 2wd. Guessing 3/4 ton by the semi-floater. I'll have it on the wish list, like you said, I can start letting some WD-40 soak into that **** next trip or 2. It was pretty wicked weather, 20-30 winds, dropping temps, cloudy, snowflakes falling, I was looking forward to snuggling up nice and warm under a jeep dash but I ran out of time, lol!! :roflbow:

Smurph I got your heater box for ya. :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68