89'S '07 Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
On My 93 K1500, OP had dropped to about 15 pounds at around 200,000 miles.
The coolant pump started leaking, pulled it, thought, well, long as I`m down this far, time for a new timing chain/sprocket set. Got the cover off, the chain had stretched so far that it would almost touch back on itself between the sprockets. Installed new set, dropped the oil pan, installed new oil pump and drive.
After that, oil pressure went back to 45 hot on the road and 35 at idle hot.
well worth the effort.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
MOVED POST FROM SILVY's NEW OWNER THREAD !!! HRPC

AHAHAHAHAH you sumbitch!! LOL

Nope ya got me there.
AHAHAHAHAH you sumbitch!! LOL

Nope ya got me there.
CAN bus, is like the New OBD ll. It's Controller Area Network. Rather than have just 1 computer aka 1 ECM, that vehicle will have several computers, like Powertrain Module, Body Control module that will work things like power seats, cruise control, headlights, AC, etc, ABS module for the brakes, Traction Control Module for the Traction system, Security Module for like Security system and remote start blah blah blah. So now all these different modules need to communicate with each other because some of them share the same info. For example, Cruise Control needs to speak with the Powertrain Module to control the Drive by Wire throttle, ABS module needs to communicate with the traction control module because they share the same info on the wheel sensors, security module communicates with powertrain module to disable the engine and etc and so on. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO just like your home computer has a BUS on the motherboard which is an information highway for the CPU to communicate with your RAM memory and your Input and Output devices, the CAN bus, is a Controller Area Network BUS and all those modules communicate with each other on the BUS aka information highway, hence CAN bus. Sounds like fun don't it??? Getchoo some of that brah. That's just a short summary. All these fancy multimedia features like onboard GPS systems, info systems, media, bluetooth and all that **** is all computer operated. Don't let it scare you. IIRC, CAN bus started on GM truck is about 2007 or whenever that body style came about.

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

CAN bus, is like the New OBD ll. It's Controller Area Network. Rather than have just 1 computer aka 1 ECM, that vehicle will have several computers, like Powertrain Module, Body Control module that will work things like power seats, cruise control, headlights, AC, etc, ABS module for the brakes, Traction Control Module for the Traction system, Security Module for like Security system and remote start blah blah blah. So now all these different modules need to communicate with each other because some of them share the same info. For example, Cruise Control needs to speak with the Powertrain Module to control the Drive by Wire throttle, ABS module needs to communicate with the traction control module because they share the same info on the wheel sensors, security module communicates with powertrain module to disable the engine and etc and so on. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO just like your home computer has a BUS on the motherboard which is an information highway for the CPU to communicate with your RAM memory and your Input and Output devices, the CAN bus, is a Controller Area Network BUS and all those modules communicate with each other on the BUS aka information highway, hence CAN bus. Sounds like fun don't it??? Getchoo some of that brah. That's just a short summary. All these fancy multimedia features like onboard GPS systems, info systems, media, bluetooth and all that **** is all computer operated. Don't let it scare you. IIRC, CAN bus started on GM truck is about 2007 or whenever that body style came about.
It isn’t all that scary......been playing with it since 99 just need to know what they need to see from each other if you find some wires twisted together and you feel the urge to cut them.......don’t that’s the bus wires lol and now Demag over head cranes use the CAN bus system too so I get to play with it in a different field as well

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It's not scary at all to me. I was intrigued by it. Some peeps don't like technology though. @89Suburban learned alot about TBI and a little about OBD1. Now he gets to skip right over OBDll and right into CAN bus but he can do it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Damn !!! 30 years and all you get is a worn out Hoe? They should give you the keys and deed to the building. :happy175:

Naww, that's actually pretty damn cool. Price was right for sure and you can afford to fix them wear and bug items. You know you'd always be spending money on Silvy too, and you still don't have a car payment so all is well.

:happy175: I'm still cracking up though, getting used to the short wheelbase and backing up the boat like a rookie. Try being a wrecker driver on a short wheel base standard cab short truck, then you can whine about short wheel base.

Watch the last minute of this. I sucked on this one. It took me a 2nd stab. Usually it doesn't.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=MyszWUfJZww

[yt]MyszWUfJZww[/yt]

I'm lucky I even got the worn out Hoe LOL. I even still have retard moments pulling into a parking space and parking over the lines here and there.

Does it have dod if so thats the numb 1 cause of low oil pressure and oil burning delete the cylinder shutdown there are kits I'm gonna do it when we sell our 08 for a 2014 I refuse to go to the new bodystyle I love this gen

I here people having luck just tuning it out and stopping the oil burn but I think the parts wear out regaurdless

Well, they are still wearable parts so yes, just like with any parts they will wear but just not as quickly as with DOD/AFM activated.

Yes unfortunately it has the DOD but it has yet to engage since I have been driving it. I do love the looks of this body style as well.

On My 93 K1500, OP had dropped to about 15 pounds at around 200,000 miles.
The coolant pump started leaking, pulled it, thought, well, long as I`m down this far, time for a new timing chain/sprocket set. Got the cover off, the chain had stretched so far that it would almost touch back on itself between the sprockets. Installed new set, dropped the oil pan, installed new oil pump and drive.
After that, oil pressure went back to 45 hot on the road and 35 at idle hot.
well worth the effort.

Yes sir thanks for the post. Sounds good.

Thanks for the info HR.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
It should kick in whenever you are coasting you don't feel it but it should tell you in the gauge cluster gotta flip through where it says v8 it'll switch to v4 but nothing but problems probably where the oils going

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think I'd have it in the future plans to do away with the DOD. Like maybe when the time comes to go through the engine, I'd be replacing the cam and lifters and plan on getting the chip retuned to do away with the DOD.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Got the oil and filter changed with high mileage oil, replaced air cleaner element.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Nice score!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
New tars and range technology afm disabler installed.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
love it, Biff :hump:

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Very nice!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Look at dat hoe !!! Looks like she got some new shoes !!! So is this a Pretty Woman story or what???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey