89'S '07 Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
This is basically a 30 years of service gift from my boss. It has had only 1 operator/owner, an outside sales manager here that lives local. So all highway miles, never towed anything. I know the dealership he bought it from which has a real good reputation and he always had it well maintained, repaired and kept it spotless. After he was with us for a while it got transferred into the company's name/insurance though he stayed on as the only driver of it. I had my eye on this truck for years. Every time he would come into the office I would drool over it and bust his balls to take care of it sell it to me when the time came.

This was the year it happened. Company was making preparations to replace the outside sales vehicles. The old ones were to be traded in. That did not go so well as they were offering almost nothing for the trades. I spent a few months nagging the boss with offers to sell it to me while it sat here in the parking lot, teasing me. @Old77 knows because he was my emotional crutch the whole time LOL. I actually gave up on acquiring the vehicle then one day out of the blue the boss walked up to me and said "Ok you wanted the Tahoe right? Just take it for nothing, you earned it."

So now she is mine. 2007 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.3 4WD. She just turned over to 300,000. Does not leak a drop on the ground. Not a spot of rust to be found anywhere. Couple small dings and dents here and there. Little bit of an electrical gremlin running around with the door locks and compass/temp mirror. Front and rear air/AC works great. Factory Bose system w/CD player. Definitely was very intimidating and hard to get used to compared to Silvy but I am falling in love with it. Still having a hard time getting used to the shorter wheel base after driving a Suburban for so long, especially backing the boat up I look like a rookie lol. I really miss the barn doors but I am starting to get used to the tailgate & rear glass. I also miss the space of the Burb but I am making this work out.

Off the bat I installed the side window vent shades, rear back up camera, throttle body assembly, and all 4 corners brakes/rotors, parking brakes. Just passed inspection. I do have an engine light getting thrown for the oil pressure. Reads about 15 at idle and around 40 running around. Does burn some oil, has a slight rough idle. Trans feels real good. Left rear axle seal has a very slight leak starting. Front CV shafts each have a broken boot. Steering and suspension feels great. I'll keep updated on any other developments/reports. Thanks for looking.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
WOW, NICE LOOKING UNIT.
Like the Boss said, you earned it.
be watching this thread to see what you`ll be doing tooooit.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Congrats! Those gen Tahoes are nice, they are like driving a car. If you're gonna replace your oil pump either get a stocker or high volume, not a high pressure pump.

It could just be a cracked o ring but if I was diving that deep into the job just for a small piece of rubber, I would put in a new pump, timing chain, and water pump.

Good luck with the new wheels and kudos for being around the job for 30 years!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Thanks guys.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Congrats! Those gen Tahoes are nice, they are like driving a car. If you're gonna replace your oil pump either get a stocker or high volume, not a high pressure pump.

It could just be a cracked o ring but if I was diving that deep into the job just for a small piece of rubber, I would put in a new pump, timing chain, and water pump.

Good luck with the new wheels and kudos for being around the job for 30 years!
Thanks for the info.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Damn !!! 30 years and all you get is a worn out Hoe? They should give you the keys and deed to the building. :happy175:

Naww, that's actually pretty damn cool. Price was right for sure and you can afford to fix them wear and bug items. You know you'd always be spending money on Silvy too, and you still don't have a car payment so all is well.

:happy175: I'm still cracking up though, getting used to the short wheelbase and backing up the boat like a rookie. Try being a wrecker driver on a short wheel base standard cab short truck, then you can whine about short wheel base.

Watch the last minute of this. I sucked on this one. It took me a 2nd stab. Usually it doesn't.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=MyszWUfJZww

[yt]MyszWUfJZww[/yt]

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Does it have dod if so thats the numb 1 cause of low oil pressure and oil burning delete the cylinder shutdown there are kits I'm gonna do it when we sell our 08 for a 2014 I refuse to go to the new bodystyle I love this gen

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
I here people having luck just tuning it out and stopping the oil burn but I think the parts wear out regaurdless

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I here people having luck just tuning it out and stopping the oil burn but I think the parts wear out regaurdless
Well, they are still wearable parts so yes, just like with any parts they will wear but just not as quickly as with DOD/AFM activated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j250trxr