89 burb blowing gauge and glow plug fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke-G

Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R1500
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Hi, I'm hoping one of the gurus on here can help.

I have a 89 diesel suburban that keeps blowing a fuse that kills the volt gauge, fuel gauge and the the glow plugs. It also makes the headlight buzzer stay on all the time when you turn the lights on like you have left them on when the cars off.
I've just been replacing the fuse and some times it blows straight away other times lasts for a few days.
Any ideas to help a newbie? Faulty gauge, ignition switch or glow plug controller, bad earth ??
Thanks in advance

You must be registered for see images attach

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
A fuse only blows when it's overloaded,whether you've got to much running on that circuit or a short. This is real easy if it's shorted when you start not so easy if it isn't shorted when you are trying to find the problem. Take the fuse out I use a bulb socket with male ends on it but do it how you can. Put the bulb in place of the fuse if the bulb lights up,you have a short. Wiggle and disconnect things until the bulb goes out. Now you've isolated the problem if the light is not on start wiggling things and pushing on them and watch for the light to come on. Everything on the circuit your checking should be turned off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL