86 M1008 LM7 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LateOnTheBrakes

5.3-Swapped 86 CUCV
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
heck yeah, shes a beauty, LS powered squarebodies are the best of both worlds.

LateOnTheBrakes

5.3-Swapped 86 CUCV
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Nice work! I like the paint and body the way it is(as long as there isn’t deep rust).
I definitely don't think it deserves a nice paint job. But it is no longer waterproof. It will actually leave streaks on the windshield when it rains and I can remove paint with a wet rag. I think I will buy a harbor freight stud welder and a slide hammer to take some of the big dents out. It definitely isn't getting body filler. If I decide not to paint it, I will likely find one of those cheap paint places that advertise $500 paint jobs and have them spray it olive green again.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I definitely don't think it deserves a nice paint job. But it is no longer waterproof. It will actually leave streaks on the windshield when it rains and I can remove paint with a wet rag. I think I will buy a harbor freight stud welder and a slide hammer to take some of the big dents out. It definitely isn't getting body filler. If I decide not to paint it, I will likely find one of those cheap paint places that advertise $500 paint jobs and have them spray it olive green again.
My CUCV was repainted by a PO and it’s an average job at best. I’d like to go back to green someday. It’s a chore to strip the interior and glass out though. Since there’s no major dents and no rust, it’s difficult to justify. I have a few pickups with crap paint. I really like making them mint everywhere that can’t be seen at first glance, but leaving the body in a state of IDGAF.

LateOnTheBrakes

5.3-Swapped 86 CUCV
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Yeah. I wouldn't strip the truck or gut the interior. Just spray the exterior surfaces that will see the elements. I'm the same way. I don't want the truck to be so pretty people look harder at it and maybe steal it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20