86 chev k20 seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Handy Andy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra 1500
Engine Size
The seat in the truck that I recently bought just plain sucks. I've got a line on a rear 60/40 split bench seat that's in great shape out of an 07 chevy classic crew cab. I'm thinking it should fit in the k20, with a little bit of fabrication for a mounting system. Anyone done this before with this particular seat? I saw the sticky thread about the seat swap and that really has me thinking. I want to keep it a bench so I can have the wife and kid in at the same time. should I shy away from the rear bench and stick with a front bench seat? I was thinking the rear would be good because they are used less and would be less worn out... that and the guy already has the seat out and only wants $50 for it lol. Any input is greatly appreciated!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Is it the fold/tumble type? I think you may have a hard time engineering a mounting system for it.

Handy Andy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra 1500
Engine Size
It looks like they may be the type where the seat portion of it can flip up to allow access for storage under. I haven't actually seen them in person yet, but they have the little loop where you would grab and pull to lift to pull the seat up and forward.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1