86 C10 stepside fender front brace mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joecal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 stepside
Engine Size
305ci
My truck was missing a few of the rear fender braces. I bought some but I'm trying to figure out where the top hole mounts, it's the front brace closest to the cab. I know the lower part mounts to the fender but I'm not sure where the top mounts. Any help is appreciated. I hope they're made correctly. I noticed they were made in Taiwan, so I'm not sure about a correct fit.
Thanks

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
My truck was missing a few of the rear fender braces. I bought some but I'm trying to figure out where the top hole mounts, it's the front brace closest to the cab. I know the lower part mounts to the fender but I'm not sure where the top mounts. Any help is appreciated. I hope they're made correctly. I noticed they were made in Taiwan, so I'm not sure about a correct fit.
Thanks

Not sure this will totally help?

Attachments

• 20160603_193759.jpg
    20160603_193759.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 139

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Only hint I can give is it goes onto the bolt that holds the fenders to the bedsides. The rods won't go to any bolt but one due to length so bolt to fender then find the bolt it is closest to reaching

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
At the front of the wheel well you see a hole on the bottom. That's where 1 end goes. The other goes up to the ledge in front of the tire. There is 2 holes it goes to the inside hole. Can take a picture of mine if that's not explanation enough. It braces the bottom of the rear of the front portion of the bed side. Sorry a tongue twister.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
Sorry didn't realize that's a step side mines a fleet side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joecal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 stepside
Engine Size
305ci
Only hint I can give is it goes onto the bolt that holds the fenders to the bedsides. The rods won't go to any bolt but one due to length so bolt to fender then find the bolt it is closest to reaching

That's a big help, the picture gives me a good idea of where it should go. It looks like it mounts to the rail piece for the floor boards. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. Thanks for the replies to both of you, I really appreciate it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486