85 k10 fuel return line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bls77red

Reaction score
First Name
brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Doing a Ls swap and need a place to run return line back to fuel tank. Mine has dual tanks. And I have put a walbrow fuel pump inline from the tank selector forward.to a filter regulator combo. And just need ideas on return line to tank

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
The stock fuel return line is found on the drivers side beside the rad. It is a hard line with a rubber hose end that connects to the charcoal canister. Why not use this line ?

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
The stock fuel return line is found on the drivers side beside the rad. It is a hard line with a rubber hose end that connects to the charcoal canister. Why not use this line ?

That's a vent, not a return, I thought? It's also something like 1/4" tubing, which probably isn't enough to return enough fuel to keep fuel pressure from going through the roof.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
That's a vent, not a return, I thought? It's also something like 1/4" tubing, which probably isn't enough to return enough fuel to keep fuel pressure from going through the roof.

Oh hahahaha yep your right :)

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Man do I feel blonde right now!

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I would buy a coil of 5/16 line and run it right next to the supply. Mabey even take the supply out so I could bend the return to match it better. New line retiner clips to hold both of them to the frame side by side.

bls77red

Reaction score
First Name
brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
The return line will be low pressure. I did take the vent line loose at the tank selector off.because my truck has two tank. And I blew compressed air through.it seem to handle the volume of air that was going into. Thinking I might try the vent first. I see only option would to be a return tapped into one tank. But then when the other tank is used its only returning in one

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
You will need to use a tank selector valve with the ports for both supply and return so you can have both tanks full otherwis you could overfill one. You also must have a tank vent so you shuld run a dedicated return if possible.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ya if it were me I would just bite the bullet and go get 2 new 3 port fuel sending units and plumb up a return line into that 3rd return port

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipps5000