85 Dashpad needeed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72Stingray

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Doe anyone know where to buy Dashpads besides LMC? Do any of you guys have one for sale? Let me know. Thanks

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Right now there are no quality pads available and nice used pads are a crack waiting to happen. I don't like to spend much money on used dash pads, so the only way I'll buy one is locally (because of $ shipping).

If there's only a few cracks you can repair them and have a decent pad for a driver. I've seen some dash pads covered in leather and it looks good... not like factory, but better than a wavy, floppy repro dash pad. That's my thoughts anyway.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
350 with 350 Turbo transmission
So none of the repro dash pads are worth buying? I was thinking on starting a thread about this very question since I am getting ready to replace mine. My dashpad looks like a dry riverbed and I HATE it.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Coverlay...nuff said

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
So none of the repro dash pads are worth buying? I was thinking on starting a thread about this very question since I am getting ready to replace mine. My dashpad looks like a dry riverbed and I HATE it.

If they were half price they would be worth it. I think you can have one covered in leather for about the same price as buying a new one, but the new ones don't fit or look right. Even if the pad has more cracks than a plumber's convention, it can be covered. The biggest downside to that option is the lack of speaker openings.

Coverlay...nuff said

When it comes to a few things, I'm a picky SOB. I don't like the feel or look of them and I can spot them from a mile away. I'd rather have one of those carpet covers.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
350 with 350 Turbo transmission
Perhaps I should reconsider buying a new dash. I am ready to get my bench seat recovered and perhaps the same trim shop can do this for me too. I can have them sew in some mesh material for my speaker openings to solve that particular problem. I NEED my speakers and I will be installing some in my presently speakerless dash.

elstm3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
lynn
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 crew cab dually
Engine Size
6.2 twin turbo diesel
im going to take my spare one that is all torn up and remove all the foam and stuff and smooth it out and see how it looks.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E

Forum statistics

Threads