84+ Intermittent wipers in 1982?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 3500
Engine Size
I have a tilt column and intermittent wiper module from a 1984 or newer truck and want to connect the output of the new module to the wires that originally connected to the non-intermittent dash mounted switch.
Wiper motor is original 1982.

Will be much nicer on the stick than on the dash.

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I plan on doing the same thing.

I recall this very topic being covered by @chengny a few months back on another thread.

Galane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 3500
Engine Size
Lots of info on putting the dash mount intermittent into 1978-1983. Just get switch and module and plug it in.

Also plenty of info on adding that switch and module to 1977 and earlier.

Adding 1984+ column switch and module to 1983 and earlier? I haven't yet found a "connect this to that and it works" how-to yet.

I went poking around in a yard today looking at ALDL connectors (WTH couldn't GM use *the same* connections on *all* vehicles with that connector?) and snagged an intermittent module and 'output' wiring connector.

I noticed that on some of the trucks there were different color wires on the harness, so a diagram that goes by connector positions would cover all cases.

The other end of the module will plug into the connector on the column.

Edit: Took a look at the wires just now. On the 82 switch plug there's pink, black, purple, grey, black/blue, grey that's smaller than the other grey.

On the 1984+ module it's Pink, purple, black, grey, black/white.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamnTexan77