83 k10 700r4 no lock up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the427chevy

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
hii all i'm new to this forum, but not to (in my opinion) the sharpest looking trucks on the road. the square body chevy, i have an 83 k10 all original, just bought it, and i have no torque converter lock up, the vacuum switch is there, i have 12 volts to the switch, nothing coming out key on engine running, i've checked the brake pedal switches they all appear to be functioning, i have 12 volts to the B pin (left most on the retainer clip side) and nothing to the other two. i've owned several of these trucks and the lock up just always worked i never had to mess with anything, anyone who could shed some light on what i need to diagnose from here would be appreciated

the427chevy

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I will continue to share what i learn as i go with diagnosing this, i have verified the vacuum switch works correctly, engine running it passes power, at about half throttle engine working the switch cuts out, I have found a two wire connector, light blue with 12volts, and a yellow, continuity test tells me the yellow wire is going to D pin on the trans plug, anyone know what this was hooked to? temperature controlled switch maybe?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I will continue to share what i learn as i go with diagnosing this, i have verified the vacuum switch works correctly, engine running it passes power, at about half throttle engine working the switch cuts out, I have found a two wire connector, light blue with 12volts, and a yellow, continuity test tells me the yellow wire is going to D pin on the trans plug, anyone know what this was hooked to? temperature controlled switch maybe?

Sorry for the delay - I forgot about this post. Anyway, it appears that the EGR solenoid is missing (or that the LT BLU & YELLOW wires are just not connected to it). See the attached wiring diagram.

Attachments

• 83 K TCC wiring - with AT & EGR Bleed.jpg
    83 K TCC wiring - with AT & EGR Bleed.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 192

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB