82 c10 with 5.3 LS swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jsloan01

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey everyone! Newbie here, first post and I’m more than likely in way over my head! ‘82 c10 with a 5.3 swap using tejas everything, sent the factory wiring harness off last week and should be getting it back middle of next week so the hard part is about to start for me. I’m a complete idiot when it comes to wiring! I have Dakota digital gauges vhx with the bim box, has anyone went this route? Is there a post out there with first grader instructions on wiring? Cause that’s what I’m gonna need! Details on what wires to use, delete, fuel pump wiring to in tank pump, fuel gauge etc! I’m extremely nervous and excited to finally fire this bad boy up, just need some guidance from some patient guys that are willing to dumb it down for me! Thanks!

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Welcome. For the fuel pump/sender you'll have 3 wires. One being ground, 2nd being positive to pump, 3rd is your fuel sender (guage) wire. Use your existing wire to your sender if your gauge works as it is now. I ran a ground cable with the positive cable to it to make sure I had a good ground back there.

Might look at the gas tank relocation if you decide that you need to replace your tanks. It's only about $10 more for the 31 gallon tank compared to stock.

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/write-up-gas-tank-relocation.663/

Jsloan01

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I upgraded the tank and sending unit to a new ‘87 unit. Coming out of the sending unit is a ground wire and a plug with 2 wires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes