79 Trans am

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Lol, "we're down to one good carburetor around here". I know the feeling. There's a trusty old 750 Holley around here that's kinda like the town ***** of carburetors.

So I can't remember, are those the truck heads or the ported 305 heads? How low do the headers hang?

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
nothing much...

You must be registered for see images attach
Loving the wheels and whites out! :waytogo:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
Lol, "we're down to one good carburetor around here". I know the feeling. There's a trusty old 750 Holley around here that's kinda like the town ***** of carburetors.

So I can't remember, are those the truck heads or the ported 305 heads? How low do the headers hang?

those are the ported 305's I have yet to peek under to see, funny thing was I put the trans mount in and was under it with them in place, seems like they were in frame?

Oh BTW they are rusted out, when I pulled the collector offf the driver's side, the one the pipe broke off of awhile back, the collector on the header has a gash in it about 2 inches long and a good 1/4 in wide from rust.

I'll be changing them out later on but for now to run it, it'll work.

and as for the carb yeap, the one from dad's truck old trusty. It acted up, I tore it down and cleaned it and was working good on my truck. Mine was acting up and is apart on the bench needs cleaned and put together. I've got a holler which is what is on it now but unknown, got it on a trade.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
Loving the wheels and whites out! :waytogo:

you and me both, gotta get some lug nuts for em though, I put some metric 12x1.5's and they go on but won't tighten, and the studs don't stick out enough for an open acorn style, even though these require the shak style and centered washer since they are unilug, it'd get by as a roller to hold em on if they stuck out.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yea lowes loves me I shoulda got on amazon and looked for some body clips and bolts or ebay and bought in bulk. I bought 13 of each at lowes, some screws, washers, bag of nuts and washers and ran me over $55.

TX87R10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
yea lowes loves me I shoulda got on amazon and looked for some body clips and bolts or ebay and bought in bulk. I bought 13 of each at lowes, some screws, washers, bag of nuts and washers and ran me over $55.

This is me. The bad thing is my ******* does this and still gets the wrong bolts / nuts / washers etc... lol

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
This is me. The bad thing is my ******* does this and still gets the wrong bolts / nuts / washers etc... lol

HAHA I didn't say I got em all right. I bought a few plastic clips for the nose cover inside th eheadlight pockets, too big, good thing is they fit the bottom of the cover, bad thing is 4 aint gonna cut it need about 8 LOL.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
right now this lil bastard for the trans cable is holding me up...

well that and a bracket for the cable but I got one I can modify to work for temp. on the bracket. I had a stud too but can't find it. Carb ones for like edelbrocks are too small for the trans bracket.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
well now I get held up by the family thing, plus colder weather for the next whoever knows how long but for today....

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I used some old rustoleum oil based on the backside of the fenders it was rough anyways figured it'd hold up better and protect longer anyways. I did sand and paint the firewall, cowl and inner fenders though. It's alot more to my liking now and what I wanted to tear the front end off the car for to begin with when I got it.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
nah, I don't like chrome....

oh and btw those are ebay, stainless headers, listed for a squarebody, they fit alright, they don't hang lowlike dad's did from his 84 which were flowtech/summit long tubes, and they don't hit the crossmember like his did on driver's side, but they do hit the frame at the lower control arm pocket in back on the pass. side,not bad, but hittinh is hitting. Also the tubes every tube the rearmost part is apain toget in a bolt, I bought stainless allen bolts forit, but they were too tough to get in hitting the tubes,so I used the old onesfrom dad's/