79 Trans am

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
lil bit when I get a chance away from planting flowers and beggies, cutting my grass and old man's and now having to work on the wife's car, dad's van and the buick I got as a parts/engine donor for the wife's lol

I now have to tighten all those bolts and try to remove the windshield. then I have to play battery hop scotch, I've got 3 vehicles here now with 1 decent battery between them, the vette, the van and the buick, all must be moved to slide the TA over to flip it and clear my bench.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I meant veggies. LOL

Also now van got fixed quick, buick got traded for the motorcycle, dad's 84 c10 is here now LOL. Not much done on the TA or the Vette, I did remove the vett window and find the power window motor worked, but might be a ground issue or wiring as most seem to be from what I read.

Now for the TA, got all them bolts tighten got it resting on the front setup, went to HF got me a windshield removal tool kit, braided wire, handles and knife thing, worked perfect, no damage.

We also dyed the vette carpet black, with fabric dye didn't turn out right, got some spray cans of fabric/vinyl dye going to do it again sometime.

Working on leveling a spot outside for a pool for the kids, above ground, 16 ft around 3.6 feet tall, 3 feet of water depth inside.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
not much going on, got a t-top roof might use it, but it'as got rot in every corner. I got it cheap so some t-tops for somebody as spare or in need of would more then cover what I paid for it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
so we flipped the bird yesterday.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
that torque box doesn't look the best, lil hole near the rear shackle hole in the frame, the crappy hack job they done on the trunk drop offs.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
also up above that 3rd pic shows the dent in the frame rail that was the same spot the sway bar link was bent, and remember both main leafs were broke, and the DS coil spring had 2 full rounds broke off seperately.

the rear tail pan is crap of course and then you can see a hole peeking out near the overlap on that pass. torque box

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
now you can see the crap job on the rear pan they did. They cut the support completely in half and never welded it back, they never spot welded the pan to it, and they never treated the pan let it rust top and bottom.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
the rest don't look too bad rockers look good.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Looks like a bit of work ahead. From what I have been experiencing is epoxy type primer, seam sealer and good paint seem to be the process for covering repairs on the bottom. And then some oil based treatment or the ez slide thing

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well crap. Now I want to build a tip over jig for the Camaro. More work to do!

Was it balanced well to easily tip it on it's side?

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
Well crap. Now I want to build a tip over jig for the Camaro. More work to do!

Was it balanced well to easily tip it on it's side?

It really was. If anything I coud have raised the car so it'd be easier to flip. I could get most of the side up but there was a good bit of weight, I saw alot of guys do it alone, and their's was higher off the ground so I assume that's why. It didn't give 2 of us any trouble we actually got it halfway up a couple times and one held with no issues to check to see if we were clearing the bench, which we were not LOL. So we had to drop it back down and slide over twice, then it went and we slid it back as much as we could. It sits that way nice and balanced as well, take a good pull to turn it over. I put those concrete step stones down to jam the ends. I then stripped all th elines and brackets off, minus the pinion snubber or whatever they call that rubber bumper in the tunnel.

I was showing dad on the TA exactly where that camaro had the rot hole in the torque box.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The jig really does make sense I guess, even if the goal is not building a show car. Besides cleaning and painting everything, the the fuel and brake lines would be so much easier to bend up also.

I think you've convinced me.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yes my whole reason was to be able to get to the torque box and the floor brace as well as th epan. For me by myself its gonna be a real pain working on them since I'd need it on it's side and laying flat, and the height of it all the car has to sit in the middle of the garage to accomplish it. Thus no vette in there. I wanted to build a frame in back of the garage to hold the camaro shell off the ground while I worked on the s10 and maybe have it tall enough off the ground to let me back the s10 under as it would have sat in back by where the brake backing plates driveshaft and inner fenders are hanging.

This one to begin with I just wanted to flip it so I could clean and coat the floor to prevent rust, but instead found holes caulked over, so now it became floor pan replacement and found the bad toque box and seat belt area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sriddle36