'75 K25 Front Leaf Spring Bushing replacement - bolts stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Regarding the shackle bolts freezing up, the effect of that is directly related to the suspension travel. The more the springs compress, the more important it is. If they don’t rotate it serves to partially bind the spring. IE, it more important the softer the spring or bigger the lift/ arch of the spring.
It’ll spin between the bushing and sleeve for a while but the silicone lube is just for installation purposes. Silicone doesn’t last long( and doesn’t degrade the rubber).
That’s why higher quality connections have greaseable bolts.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
I did my front eye bushings over the summer and used the same procedure. My bolts came out but I have cut them off from inside the frame on other trucks. Then used a drill bit to "chew" out the rubber and then a hammer and chisel or punch to collapse the outer sleeve and knock that out. We have Menard's here and they have a decent selection of bolts. Otherwise I use McMaster-Carr if I'm planning a project. You can get a pile of bolts cheap and they will deliver same or next day for ground shipping price.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84