700R4 TCC with and without brake switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 3500
Engine Size
The ECU and wiring kit I got doesn't have a connection for the brake switch that disengages the TCC.

The rebuilt transmission is supposed to be for a 1991, which had the brake switch. The pink wire on the transmission plug goes to the ECU.

Problem is, after getting the engine running and timing set, where it ran beautifully, and I'd shifted through the gears - suddenly it decided that the TCC should be engaged all the time. Acts like those 1980's GM front drives with a stuck open TCC valve.

Won't run at idle and there's a loud clattering noise. I unplugged the transmission connector and it will start and idle but there's still the loud clatter from the transmission.

Just checked the torque converter bolts and they are tight.

I have the dual brake switch installed and had it connected when I was trying to get the 1991 ECU and wiring to work, but since the new kit had no connection to the brake switch I just cut that wire. It also doesn't connect to the extra terminal on the neutral safety switch.

I said I needed the kit setup for a 1991 and Performance Fuel Injection Systems changed the wiring and programming for the 1 wire unheated O@ sensor.

I am assuming my rebuilt transmission is now ruined. :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising