700R4 install questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

76K20

Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
One thing I've learned on this transformation. Take everything you can from the doaner vehicle, cause around here **** just ain't available. Thank you Mr. President

Brian Lynch

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
383 vortec
If you talk to the guys, and girls, at BTO they will help you plenty.

I installed a BTO 700R4 and through the process they considered everything from my carb, cam, etc., to my tire height. I got the correct speedo gear, torque converter, lock up switch kit etc.

Its been 10K + miles and, as they will claim, driving is a pleasure.

Follow their advice, buy the minor extras they offer (TV cable kit, switch kit, torque converter, chrome TC cover (hehehe), etc.), and I think you will be happy, just say'n

I heard they are a pain, called for myself, and never looked back. Very happy.

BTW: I just re-drilled my TH400 cross member about 3/4 inch back. Gutting the TH400 stuff (including the kick down on the gas pedal) was the biggest challenge. The TV set up was a breeze-again, follow their advice and directions.

PM me with ? if you like

76K20

Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
If you talk to the guys, and girls, at BTO they will help you plenty.

I installed a BTO 700R4 and through the process they considered everything from my carb, cam, etc., to my tire height. I got the correct speedo gear, torque converter, lock up switch kit etc.

Its been 10K + miles and, as they will claim, driving is a pleasure.

Follow their advice, buy the minor extras they offer (TV cable kit, switch kit, torque converter, chrome TC cover (hehehe), etc.), and I think you will be happy, just say'n

I heard they are a pain, called for myself, and never looked back. Very happy.

BTW: I just re-drilled my TH400 cross member about 3/4 inch back. Gutting the TH400 stuff (including the kick down on the gas pedal) was the biggest challenge. The TV set up was a breeze-again, follow their advice and directions.

PM me with ? if you like
Installing it was the easy part. I couldn't find a dip stick anywhere local, did find a replacement at LMC truck, but to order just the dip stick shipping is a killer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising