6inch lift help??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lethermon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
C10/C30
Engine Size
So i Just recently bout some 8 lug axles(dana 44&14bolt) for the blazer and the 24 bolt H1 wheels with 37's. Im sure the tires will fit on the blazer with the 4 inch lift but ik it will rub. SOO i was wondering if it would work if I ordered the 4inch shackle flip kit from ORD and used a 2inch lift block for a total of 6inchs of lift in the rear, and then just use 6inch springs up front. is it do-able any reasons it might not work or be a bad idea?
also looking at the ORD steering box brace kit, does anyone use one, bolt in or weld in.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I'm running the ORD 4" rear shackle flip, 2" ORD rear blocks, 1" Zero Rate AAL, and 6" front springs with ORD HD front shackles. I have 38x12.5x15 TSL on front, 38.5x14.5x15 TSL SX on back, on 10" wheels all around. I had to cut the front fenders front & rear, and the front of the rear wheel well opening. Really depends on how hard you plan to wheel it. When you cut the rear of the front openings, run the cut-off wheel right in line with the inner fender, up to where you can make it blend but don't cut the piece off. Instead push the piece rearward and put several tack welds down to hold it in place, then blend with a little fiberglass bondo. I had several people tell me they didn't notice the cuts had been made, but on the other hand I kinda have a paint scheme that hides stuff like that lol.

Lethermon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
C10/C30
Engine Size
Ok cool so the setup will work, Im not gonna wheel her to hard as shes my DD but it will see some trails as I plan to get some hogs dropped this year. are you running anything steering wise? will a stock setup work or would crossover be the best?

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Crossover is always the better answer when big tires are concerned. I bought a 2WD steering box for my year truck, since the lines converted to metric somewhere along the line, and ordered the crossover steering setup from ORD for D60. If you have D44 front you would have to get a passenger side knuckle made for the steering arm, or have it machined for the arm. Another alternative I've seen is a homemade setup where the tie rod with a hole made in it for a steering stabilizer is turned around so the hole is on the passenger side, and the crossover drag link attaches to that hole instead of a high-steer arm. If you don't plan to wheel too hard I would just try it with the factory setup, maybe a drop pitman arm and raised steering arm. But be advised you should go ahead and reinforce the frame at the steering box, and do the steering box brace as well.

Lethermon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
C10/C30
Engine Size
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/pts/3274929348.html
I was pondering if i should go pick up the lift springs ,but idk what size they are exactly. in the pic it shows it has 38's on it and its clearing them pretty good. is 250 a good price or should i just stick with the original game plan?

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Noah, you need to look into Fab-Tech steering brace, I have one, a bit more expensive but well worth it. I never trusted the little plates.

Lethermon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
C10/C30
Engine Size
I don't know where to find them I went to a fabtech website but they didn't have anything for square body

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512