6 Speed Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REVINKEVIN

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Hey. Silver Sport just sent me the manual. The only reference it makes is using a template on your original shifter hump. Well, I don’t have that so I am go to start my search for one. He is also putting together a quote for everything that they offer just to see what I am looking at. Like I said before, I still need to finish my Camaro before I get started on this. If you fail to plan, your planning to fail. I read that somewhere.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I haven't done it yet but I've seen several done/know some people that have. They usually just use the high hump, up until recently, it was pretty easy to find the high humps. I actually was just talking with Jesse at Level 7 yesterday, he uses the 4x4 high hump and then makes an extension piece to mate the rear of it to the floor (I just told him about our new humps yesterday so now he'll be using those).
I have a factory high hump because I thought I might need it for the 5 spd. I was hoping not to for this one too. At least I have it just in case.

TheC5Surgeon

Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Thanks for the info guys. I will give level 7 a call soon and see what they can do for me. Contemplating btw a 4 speed sm465 or the new heavy duty 5 speed tremec that is supposed to be comparable to the nv4500. Cost does play a factor in my decision. Will probably create a new thread soon to discuss this further and also dive into the resources available for the swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005