4l80 2a np205

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Pretty much no, not now. May as well Ditch the rod anyways though because it will no longer be long enough. The 4l80e is a few (or more) inches longer than the standard trans or a 400 that would have come out of it. You'll also need to plan on relocating your cross member back some (no problem, just drill 4 new holes) and then also shortening your driveshaft.

The ultra rare V 3/4-1 tons with the 4l80/205 didnt have the support rods?

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I don't know now, lol.... I dare you to go type 1991 V30 tranny rod in google and see what results you get....

I think it's simpler to say their may have been one OEM in that year, but consider the point everyone makes every time this subject comes up.... One, as I pointed out its going to be a few inches shorter now, so if you want it longer you are probably better off starting over with a new rod and bending and flattening the ends to be appropriately long (if you want strength). Also, how many thousands of k trucks have been swapped without the additional support rods and had no issues? I'll offer up one final question and its simple, how are you going to be using your truck. If just for towing and HD load hauling then I'd not worry about it unless you just plan on taking it offroad and beating the piss out of it...

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Also, I was always under the impression that the np205 had a bracket that mounted it to the frame with bushings??? If you are planning on romping it hard offroad you might want to rethink the support you need. There is an old like here of the 67-72 sites...

It's kinda been beat to death, regardless of what transmission you want to use.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=558807

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota