4l60e swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bacon

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey guys, so I got a free 4l60 e and decided to swap it in to my 85 k10 4WD. I bought the TCI EZ TCU to control the electronics of the transmission and a 241c TC passenger side drop with VSS sensor hook up. What I would like to know is, am I done? Can I plug and play now?! I'm hoping the the output shaft speed connection from the TCU will connect to the 241's vehicle speed output and function as normal. Any insight would be great

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
You would need to change to electronic spedo cluster or run a conversion box. You would need to mount your throttle position sensor as well

Bacon

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I forgot to mention that I have the TPS. I don't care too much about speedo because I have a gps speedo on my rino

Bacon

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Does it matter how I orientate the 2 wire hook-up for the output shaft speed that connects to the VSS sensor? Will the 2 male blades from the sensor send the same signal if I rotate the connector? I don't know how to words this better unfortunately.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
it should not matter, and your tcu should be programmable. You would just use your gps spedo to calibrate the tci tcu. Double check the output shaft on the transfer case to make sure same as existing.(241c was used with 700r and th400/4l80e)

Bacon

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The input shaft splines were 27 for the TC and that is same as 700r4.. So I'm assuming out put should be 27 right? I'm still a newbie so I hope that's right. Also I read something about AC sine wave created by this 241 c sensor. Will that signal work in this TCU?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I would assume tci tcu would be able to work with it. If it fails, then can install a factory drac box in between.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising