454 TBI Unit for Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The throttle body was running when it was removed but it's been sitting on a shelf for years now. I would assume the TPS and IAC are still good but it may need a gasket kit, no idea about injectors once they've sat so long. It's dirty and dusty but NOT beat up.

The adapter appears to be cast iron so it's fine, just surface rust.

I'll be honest, I'm on the fence about selling the stuff so I'm not going to give it away but if you're interested pm me and maybe we can work something out.

If you're on the fence with it, just hold onto it. I'm sure there is someone like Imann who is done with it for sure and ready to throw it out. I hear of peope converting to carb all the time. Being this can be swapped later on, I can still put the truck together as the carb motor that it is then Retro-Fit the TBI later on as I acquire the other parts needed. Just that I'll be putting it together with the TBI conversion in mind with steel fuel lines, TBI tank etc. Thanks for the detailed pics. Gives me a better idea of what I'm looking for.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
What would it cost me to have something like this gone thru Jim?

Jim wouldn't like that so you would have to pay him a whole lot. You see, he typically doesn't eat TBI units. CRAP! Now this needs to be moved to the POOP thread. :D

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I want to eventually convert my K5 to EFI at some point but it's just not in the budget now, too many details to finish first. If you change your mind I'd go $150 shipped and I'll also include a new NAPA fitting that's got a 1/8" port for inline fuel pressure gauge or testing.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I want to eventually convert my K5 to EFI at some point but it's just not in the budget now, too many details to finish first. If you change your mind I'd go $150 shipped and I'll also include a new NAPA fitting that's got a 1/8" port for inline fuel pressure gauge or testing.

I don't think that's a bad price for those pieces. I'll sure keep it in mind when I get closer. Can't do **** yet in this colder weather. We're dropping back down into the upper teens low 20's and highs just above freezing. If I can't get at least mid 50's without wind I'm useless as a sore dick.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I've decided to post these parts up for sale, if you're interested holler soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harley011905